Driving to the Port

vacruzer007

Hello Fellow cruisers!

Quick question, my DH and I are considering driving to Orlando for our next cruise, but how does bag check in work? Does someone from the cruise line take them once you get to the Port? Is this more of a hassle?

Any insight will help.

Thanks guys!

Never had been a hassle for us. As soon as you pull up the porters will unload and take your checked bags. You go park and head to the terminal. It has always been very smooth for us.

If you are driving to Port Canaveral you will drop your luggage off next to the Ship. A baggage handler will assist you in unloading your vehicle. From there you will drive to the parking garage. Currently it is $15 per day to park your vehicle.

If you're driving to Florida (particularly from Virginia) for a cruise, you might want to consider going down a day early and leaving the car at a nearby hotel. Both the Radisson and the Country Inn & Suites have cruise packages including a night's stay, breakfast, parking for the week and shuttle to/from the pier for a reasonable price. Oher hotels may have similar packages.

Hello Fellow cruisers!

Quick question, my DH and I are considering driving to Orlando for our next cruise, but how does bag check in work? Does someone from the cruise line take them once you get to the Port? Is this more of a hassle?

Any insight will help.

Thanks guys!

I drive a lot to the ports. I like it better. Just drop off your bags out front, than park your car.

If you're driving to Florida (particularly from Virginia) for a cruise, you might want to consider going down a day early and leaving the car at a nearby hotel. Both the Radisson and the Country Inn & Suites have cruise packages including a night's stay, breakfast, parking for the week and shuttle to/from the pier for a reasonable price. Oher hotels may have similar packages.

We are sailing on Mariner of the Seas from Port Canaveral next month and will be driving. We are staying at Country Inn and Suites and using their cruise parking package. It was $139 per night with free parking, shuttle and breakfast. It has great reviews on this thread. You also have a view of the ship in port from either of those hotels. :) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720

Archived