Change in the Magesty's Itinerary

NoC1ue4me

I'm really unhappy with NCL at the present time -- I booked a group cruise for my wedding for Dec 27, 2008 this time LAST year -- it's supposed to be the Western Caribbean - well they changed the Itinerary -- all Bahama's and Orlando, FL (which the entire group has been to many times) obviously they don't care about their customers -- all they care about is saving gas and making money.

I'm really unhappy with NCL at the present time -- I booked a group cruise for my wedding for Dec 27, 2008 this time LAST year -- it's supposed to be the Western Caribbean - well they changed the Itinerary -- all Bahama's and Orlando, FL (which the entire group has been to many times) obviously they don't care about their customers -- all they care about is saving gas and making money.

Or perhaps they realize the itinerary they've been offering is old and worn out, and it's time to liven up the itineraries for those who sail out of Charleston.

Now I see what your opinion is based in and I apologize for my initial comment. I can understand the reasoning for it but would understandably be upset to to lose the three good ports on the "old" itenerary. Fortunately, you are still far enough away to book a new cruise without penalty. Of course, that may not apply to airfare and such so i hope that it doesn't effect you there. The old itenerary was becoming a stretch for the Majesty to keep.

Pretty much -- it screwed everything up -- we have folks who have been to the Bahamas -- we were looking forward to Key West --- that's why we picked that cruise -- going out of Miami will cost approximately $1000 more from DC

The week between Christmas and New Years has to be one of the most expensive times to cruise. So many people have that time off, and it drives prices wayyyy up. That's real disappointing about the itinerary change, for sure, but a cruise to the Bahamas is better than no cruise at all.

Welcome to NCL. In the last month, passengers on the Pride of Aloha this summer had their cruise ripped from under them, then passengers on the Jade from November, 2008 to April 2009 had their Carribean cruises ripped away so that the Jade could stay in Europe and now NCL has done the same thing to the Majesty itineraries.

Any bets on which ship will be next to screw up passengers plans?

Welcome to NCL. In the last month, passengers on the Pride of Aloha this summer had their cruise ripped from under them, then passengers on the Jade from November, 2008 to April 2009 had their Carribean cruises ripped away so that the Jade could stay in Europe and now NCL has done the same thing to the Majesty itineraries.

Any bets on which ship will be next to screw up passengers plans?

I think it's an honest by-product of the lines letting themselves allow bookings too far in advance. It's not a little known fact that the line just came under new management and reported poor fourth quarter earnings. I think the changes are an honest attempt to adjust to buisiness needs and counter-act some recent trends. But of course, there's a group of posters on here who REPEATEDLY post time after time their disdain and agenda-laced tirades against NCL. There is fault in scheduling so far out but the company is trying to offset losses and reorganize, not "screw" over as many pax as possible. It's really irritating to see how some people can derive such joy out of repeatedly pushing a negative agenda on this board......

How frustrating, I'm sorry for your dilemma. It's stress filled enough planning a wedding, then to have it turned upside down.

Since you're from Maryland, maybe you could look into the sailings from NY, it wouldn't cost as much to get there as it would to change to a ship from Miami. If you booked with a TA, I'd call them to see what could be worked out. If you booked direct, call NCL directly to see what you could possibly work out.

At least knowing now, gives you time to make the changes you need to.:)

Ironically I was just talking with a TA on Saturday about booking this cruise for my family (7-8 cabins) next February. We have just returned from this cruise (well, the "old" version of this cruise) a couple of weeks ago and were very satisfied.

Here's my question...Can you go to the Bahamas in Feb. 2009 with just a birth certificate? My reading of the U.S. travel sites seems to indicate that passports will not be required for cruise travel to the Bahamas until at least June, 2009. Can anyone verify this? Could make a big difference for some of the travelers in my group as it (obviously) save them $100 per person. [Yes, I know that passports are rapidly becoming a requirement for almost all travel, but for folks in my group that may be on the fence financially about taking a cruise, another $400 may be the deal breaker...] Just wondering.

And I'm not sure that these are more "family oriented ports"...sounds like some serious PR spin on what is clearly an effort to save lots of fuel...

Here's my question...Can you go to the Bahamas in Feb. 2009 with just a birth certificate?

OK... you can either get a passport and not have to worry about it again for ten years... or.... you can worry about if they will change the rules at the last minute and ruin your plans.

In other words, just get a passport.

??? I am confused. How did you find out about the change in itinerary? From your TA? We are sailing from Charleston to W Carib in late Nov. Is our cruise itinerary changed too? How do I find this out (since it's 10:50 PM & I don't want to bother my TA right no,LOL)?

??? I am confused. How did you find out about the change in itinerary? From your TA? We are sailing from Charleston to W Carib in late Nov. Is our cruise itinerary changed too? How do I find this out (since it's 10:50 PM & I don't want to bother my TA right no,LOL)?

:mad: :( Well, I just found my answer from another thread here on the NCL page ... yes, our itinerary has changed & I'm sick about it. My boys & I have gotten SO excited about visiting Coz & Stingray City in Grand Cayman. I don't WANT to go to Stirrup Cay & Port Canaveral! Looks like I'll be cancelling our 8-person, 3-cabin reservation for Nov 22.

:mad: :( Well, I just found my answer from another thread here on the NCL page ... yes, our itinerary has changed & I'm sick about it. My boys & I have gotten SO excited about visiting Coz & Stingray City in Grand Cayman. I don't WANT to go to Stirrup Cay & Port Canaveral! Looks like I'll be cancelling our 8-person, 3-cabin reservation for Nov 22.

Don't fret...I've done both itineraries, and really think you'll enjoy the Bahamas....there are stingrays, if that's what you want to do, as well as plenty of other great things to do!

Norwegian Majesty to Sail to Bahamas & Florida from Charleston This Fall

Guests to experience Freestyle 2.0 enhancements on board

Miami - Mar 10, 2008 --- NCL Corporation today announced that Norwegian Majesty will sail a new seven-day Bahamas and Florida itinerary beginning this fall through April 2009. This family-friendly itinerary offers guests the opportunity to experience four diverse ports, in place of the existing three-port Western Caribbean itinerary. In addition, guests on Norwegian Majesty this fall will experience a number of Freestyle 2.0 enhancements, further adding to the overall cruise experience.

Starting November 15, 2008, the 1,462 passenger Norwegian Majesty will depart Charleston on Saturdays with stops in Grand Bahama Island; Nassau; Great Stirrup Cay, NCL's private island in the Bahamas; and Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida. This new itinerary goes on sale today. Guests with existing reservations on Norwegian Majesty this fall will automatically be moved to the new itinerary or they will have the option to cancel.

"Our similar Bahamas and Florida itinerary from New York is extremely popular as it offers a range of family-friendly destinations from beaches and water sports to the theme parks of Orlando," said Andy Stuart, NCL's executive vice president of marketing, sales and passenger services. "With this new itinerary on Norwegian Majesty, we are offering an exciting new Freestyle Cruising choice for guests departing from Charleston."

In addition to the new itinerary, a number of Freestyle 2.0 enhancements will be in place on Norwegian Majesty, specifically in regard to food and beverage. On embarkation day, guests will receive a bubbly welcome. Lobster Galore will be featured in the main dining rooms and lobster dishes will be available in the specialty restaurants every night of the cruise. Le Bistro, Norwegian Majesty's French restaurant, will introduce new specialty items, including Côte de Boeuf, a 32-ounce premium gold angus rib eye steak; Plateau de Fruits de Mar, a cold seafood platter including mussels, lobster tail, shrimp and raw oysters on the half shell; and Cardinal of the Seas, a braised Maine lobster. Nighttime entertainment on Norwegian Majesty will also be enhanced with the addition of two new themed parties.

"These Freestyle 2.0 enhancements take Freestyle Cruising on Norwegian Majesty to a new level," added Stuart. "With the combination of the new itinerary and the enhanced guest experience, we believe Norwegian Majesty will offer an exceptional and memorable cruise for our guests."

NCL Corporation Ltd. is the holding company for various subsidiary companies involved in owning and operating the ships of Norwegian Cruise Line.

NCL is building two new third generation Freestyle Cruising ships for delivery in 2010. NCL today has the youngest fleet in the industry, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy the flexibility of Freestyle Cruising on the newest, most contemporary ships at sea, and has recently added its latest new ship, the 2,400 passenger Norwegian Gem.

For high resolution, downloadable images, please log onto NCL's Web site at www.ncl.com/pressroom. For further information on NCL Corporation, contact NCL in the U.S. and Canada at (866) 234-0292.

Archived