Need Help getting Hotel in Miami close to port

ellenmb

:) Our cruise is in May and we are looking for hotel (we would like one on Biscayne Blvd because of you all giving such great reviews!) but we went onto Priceline and I don't see any way to give info or advanced search to choose one close to port (which I would think I would need to do so I don't get further away from port); If anyone has any suggestions for getting an affordable hotel in that area, I would appreciate...thanks:)

:) Our cruise is in May and we are looking for hotel (we would like one on Biscayne Blvd because of you all giving such great reviews!) but we went onto Priceline and I don't see any way to give info or advanced search to choose one close to port (which I would think I would need to do so I don't get further away from port); If anyone has any suggestions for getting an affordable hotel in that area, I would appreciate...thanks:)

http://www.hotelsbythepier.com/

This address will show some, but not all of the hotels by the piers.

Next week at this time, we'll be checking into the Hyatt Regency, in Miami another hotel near the pier for a cruise starting the next day on the Freedom.

At the moment it's snowing here, so next week can't come soon enough!

Hope this helps.

We used the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami last year in March for our Valor Cruise. The Holiday Inn is in the best location, right across the street from Bayside Market. Great Hotel with great room service for breakfast. Our room was 901 and we had a view of the ships at the cruise terminal. We already booked this hotel for our Freedom Cruise.

Go here to see more pictures and read about the Holiday Inn: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=316151

The Address is 340 Biscayne Blvd

attachment.php?attachmentid=18590&d=1142713358

This is a picture from the room, over looking Bayside Market and the Port of Miami, you can see a few ships in the background, thats how close you are.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18549&d=1142686699

While you are there, go to South Beach Deco District and have breakfast at one of their outdoor cafes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18569&d=1142702590

You are so helpful (on every one of my posts) Fred, thanks..how did you book? Any special online site or directly with hotel?

Ellenmb, when it comes to booking hotels in Miami I just book directly with the Hotel, whether online or by calling because Cruise Port Hotels book fast. The Holiday Inn is one of those that sell out the fastest, those you need to book 8 months to 1 year out.

Click on this website and select the city.

CruisePortHotels.com

http://www.cruiseporthotels.com/

Fred

Don't go to the airport Hilton. I was a dump.The carpet in my room was so sticky I had to put towels down to walk barefoot.The food was nasty and over priced.The ice room had mold all over the floor and walls...yuk...

Don't go to the airport Hilton. I was a dump.The carpet in my room was so sticky I had to put towels down to walk barefoot.The food was nasty and over priced.The ice room had mold all over the floor and walls...yuk...

Thats too bad, we used this Hotel, I think back in 2001 for our Triumph cruise and this hotel was very very nice.

Fred

Try the Intercontental bayside. We stayed there last year and loved it. Walking distance to bayside market and restaurants. Taxi to pier was less than $10.00. I got a great price on their online site but many online hotel sites can give you a good price for this hotel. Nice pool and overlooks the bay and pier so you can see the ships in port.

I have stayed at the Marriott and it is very nice! Very friendly and clean. Nice to see the ships out the window when you wake up too.

In Oct we were going on the Valor and I decided to be brave and try Priceline because everyone in one thread was saything they got such great deals on the Port hotels and sure enough, I bid and won a room for $49 at the Radisson, which is right next to the Marriott. Also a nice hotel and great location. And obviously the price was awesome!

I just don't know how everyone does it on priceline; have put in several bids and was not even "approved" for one for a 3 star for 130.00..how do u do it?:) It may be the weekend we need the one night (Memorial Day weekend)

Another vote for the Holiday Inn downtown. Love being able to walk across the street to the Bayside Marketplace. Also being able to see the ships that are in port is nice. It is also within walking distance of a McDonald's, which is convenient when you don't want room service for breakfast. We booked directly with their website.

We have stayed at the Intercontinental & did not enjoy it as much. It is within walking distance of the Bayside. We did stay there the year that they were changing ownership or something, so that could've been part of the problem.

Towanda

It is also within walking distance of a McDonald's, which is convenient when you don't want room service for breakfast.

Towanda

Good to know Towanda, I found it just up the street from the Holiday Inn on NE 2nd Ave and NE 3rd street.

This website called McFlorida will show you all of the Mickey D's in Florida. http://www.mcflorida.com

Thanks

Fred

We have used Priceline the last five or six times we cruised out of Miami. The last three successful bids of $60 for a 3 star hotel in the Downtown Miami area have netted us the Radisson (now a Hilton) on Biscayne Boulevard with fantastic views of the ships in the harbor. Previous bids got us the Marriott Biscayne Bay (also great harbor views) for $40 a night, and the Hyatt Regency Downtown for $115. Bids were for October, December, March, and April. The exact dates may make a significant difference and I am sure that for Memorial Day weekend it would have been more difficult to obtain a room at the prices we have paid, which might explain why your $130 bid was not accepted. We are staying at the Hilton at the end of this month and our successful bid was $60. If I had booked through the Hilton website, the price would have been more than three times as much.

Ellenmb, when it comes to booking hotels in Miami I just book directly with the Hotel, whether online or by calling because Cruise Port Hotels book fast. The Holiday Inn is one of those that sell out the fastest, those you need to book 8 months to 1 year out.

Click on this website and select the city.

CruisePortHotels.com

http://www.cruiseporthotels.com/

Fred

Hey Fred, do you remember what the taxi fare was from the Miami airport to the Holiday Inn and from the Holiday Inn to the port? I'll be staying there before my cruise next month. Boy do I ever miss not being able to stay with my son before my cruises out of Miami. He used to live in South Beach and it was so nice. Now he's in Alaska (flies helicopters for the Coast Guard) and I'm on my own in Miami . . . :(

Hey Fred, do you remember what the taxi fare was from the Miami airport to the Holiday Inn and from the Holiday Inn to the port? I'll be staying there before my cruise next month. Boy do I ever miss not being able to stay with my son before my cruises out of Miami. He used to live in South Beach and it was so nice. Now he's in Alaska (flies helicopters for the Coast Guard) and I'm on my own in Miami . . . :(

No sorry, what we did was rented a car from Thriftys at the Airport and when we returned it, they shuttled us back to the terminal for free.

The rate from the Airport to the Port of Miami is $24.00 so since the Holiday Inn is closer, I would assumed it can run around $20.00

Fred

Archived