wetsuit in Caribbean - Y or N?

sunchasers64

wait a min.......there are 2 kinds of divers here....those who pee in their wet suis, and those who lie about not peeing in their wet suits....

Two kinds? What about drysuit divers like me?

Back to the original subject, I would strongly recommend a front zip wetsuit. When the water temperature is about 80 or above I can get hot even in a 3mm shortie, and the ability to unzip and cool off certainly beats being uncomfortably hot.

Back to the original subject, I would strongly recommend a front zip wetsuit. When the water temperature is about 80 or above I can get hot even in a 3mm shortie, and the ability to unzip and cool off certainly beats being uncomfortably hot.

Perhaps, but I've worn a 3 mm full suit in 85 f water and I wasn't too warm at all. I wouldn't buy a front zipper wet suit, but that is just my personal preference.

As for the first part, that only applies to wet suits. I'd NEVER pee in my drysuit, but in a wet suit, that's a different story.

I wasn't considering drysuit divers. If you want to be pedantic, I meant to say, "There are two types of wetsuit divers..."

Personally, I would not buy a front zip wetsuit. I've never owed one but everyone I talk to tells me they are not good at keeping water out of the neck. Additionally, when I'm topside with a wetsuit I just unzip the thing and take the top part off. Almost everyone I've dive with do this.

As for the first part, that only applies to wet suits. I'd NEVER pee in my drysuit, but in a wet suit, that's a different story.

I was actually reading a review of a device for peeing in your drysuit. You actually pee into the device and it hold the urine for you to empty out later.

My husband and I got Hotsuits from Scubatoys and love them. My husband wears his under his wet suit and I generally wear mine instead of a wetsuit in the Caribbean.

I had such a nasty, smelly, yucky (etc) rental wet suit in Belize once that I promised myself not to go that route again. If you plan to rent and it smells like an outhouse, your choices are limited at that point. $40 for a cheap shortie (or hotsuit) or $10 to rent an outhouse; hmmmm.

:)

I was actually reading a review of a device for peeing in your drysuit. You actually pee into the device and it hold the urine for you to empty out later.

Why would you want to keep with you inside the dry suit?

Several people I dived with have a Pee Valve installed in their dry suits. I'd explain how it works, but I think if someone is really curious, they can easily find the info online.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks. I just found a "killer" deal at Leisurepro on a 3mm shortie that they normally sell for $69.95 and is on sale for $39.95. If I only use it twice a year it's worth that much knowing that if anyone pee'd in my wetsuit it was me :)

Just got mine yesterday. Tried it on and it seems fine. Now I need some cold water to go jump in. Oh, no, wait, the ocean is still freezing around here! I will be at the beach Memorial day weekend and the weekend after - may try it out then.

Just back from a week of diving in St Croix...Temp at depth was 79. I wore a 3mm full suit and could have probably worn a 5 mm. Had to wear a hood one day.

I don't wear a wetsuit in September when I go as the temps at depth are about 86-87 and are comfortable.

Archived