All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Hello, I am a newbie here :-)

We just got back yesterday from our Eastern Caribbean cruise on Freedom of the Seas (April 8th-15th) I can try to answer some of your questions. :) I have saved some (not all) cruise compasses so I may upload them in here later. This was my third cruise, all were with Royal Caribbean, and I loved it :)

We just got back yesterday from our Eastern Caribbean cruise on Freedom of the Seas (April 8th-15th) I can try to answer some of your questions. :) I have saved some (not all) cruise compasses so I may upload them in here later. This was my third cruise, all were with Royal Caribbean, and I loved it :)

I would look forward to seeing your compasses if you are able to upload them. THANKS

Hi!

Would love to see some compasses especially for the sea days.

Another question...were you able to make Coco Cay?

Thanks!

Would you mind posting the other days?

Thanks so much.

How was hte Freedomfest?

Sorry, I didn't save those for the other days :-(

FreedomFest was ok, they had towel animals demonstrations and handouts, napkin folding, food carvings demonstration all in the Promenade.

Do they serve a chocolate breakfast one morning on the Freedom? If so, when and where? Any other events that a chocolate lover should note?

I did not notice anything like that, sorry, I only read about this here. Wonder if it was cancelled? :confused: We did do Character Breakfast with the Dreamworks characters there, they do it several times throughout the week for kids/

Do they serve a chocolate breakfast one morning on the Freedom? If so, when and where? Any other events that a chocolate lover should note?

The only chocolate breakfast we were aware of was at the character breakfast and boy was it yummy! :p

ok.....I'm going to jump in at #2137 or so. Will be on FOS 5/6....I have to keep my lovely wife from walking on the ceiling since we booked. She/we both love RCL/Celebrity. Did the inaugural Mariner and liked it so much we went again about a year later. The trip of our lives on Solstice 23 day Rome to Ft. L. So anything RCL we love. I'll start with a simple question. Can I carry on my Coke Zero 6 pack? I really prefer it over any other diet drink. More questions to follow....please be patient....

Ok, here goes. I also scanned kids planners for those 3 days, but the file is too big to upload in here.

Yes, we were tendered at CocoCay on Monday, it was great, with the waterpark and the slide the kids had tons of fun, lunch was set up right there. We were the only ship there that day.

You have just made my day! I just switched our 2013 spring break to this ship and the Compass makes me so glad. I know it is going to be a great cruise!

We are doing the eastern carib too!

Thanks,

Kelly

Flow rider lessons:

Has anyone taken these on Freedom? What is the cost?

Mom is letting me use her tap a talk

She kinda thinks Flowrider is dangerous but I think we will be able to take lessons and make her feel better

Are the lessons fun?

Thank you so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betty trouble

Flow rider lessons:

She kinda thinks Flowrider is dangerous but I think we will be able to take lessons and make her feel better

Are the lessons fun?

Thank you so much

Betty trouble

I wish we would have made reservations.

I believe it was less than $100/hr.

We went during spring break...it was incredibly busy! Our kids never got a chance to do it.

And I didn't think it was dangerous! my kids are 7 and 9 and I wanted them to do it.

Edited by Flopthis25
add

Flow rider lessons:

Are the lessons fun?

Thank you so much

Betty trouble

We were on FOS last June and our 14 year old son and 13 year old daughter used the Flowrider on the first night. My daughter broke her wrist! We still allowed my son to use it though, and we will allow him to use it for this years FOS June trip but my daughter will never get on it again. At least I can report that Medical was excellent - they put a cast on her wrist and gave us the x-rays for our orthopedist.

So using the Flowrider does come with risk!

The Western Itinery has also changed from 6:00 to 5:30. We signed up at 6:00, but our reservation now says 5:30. Looks like it is a ship-wide thing. Maybe they moved it up 30 minutes for daylight savings?

The Western Itinery has also changed from 6:00 to 5:30. We signed up at 6:00, but our reservation now says 5:30. Looks like it is a ship-wide thing. Maybe they moved it up 30 minutes for daylight savings?

I don't think it's that. We've been on ships both during DST and not at the dinner times were always 6:00 and 8:30. We've never been on FOS, though, maybe it's just her?

Ours was changed back in March. We were told it was because the ship was sold out. It was no biggie to us.

What is the EARLIEST departure time you can leave the ship---

also, reserving for the broadway shows and ice show --anything else?

thanks frank

If you do express departure (I think that's what it was called) which means you take care of your luggage yourself and your account is all paid, you can depart right after they're cleared, in our case it was like 6:15 am.

As far as online reservations, I was able to make those for the Ice show and for the Once upon a time, yeah and Marquee.