All Things Freedom of the Seas!

When on the Explorer in 2008 and 2009, I purchased champagne cards. Are they available on Freedom? The are a card your purchase for a decent price with about 9 different champagne drinks. You just bring your card with you, tell the bartender what you want, and he punches a hole in the card.

It was a fun way to try different drinks, plus we liked the bartender there. I have my card in my scrapbook, so I can probably check it to give more specifics. It would be great to get one on my next cruise in February.

We're taking our first RCCL cruise February 17, 2013, my birthday!

Does RCCL have any way of acknowledging birthdays? Any decorations, cake, etc. that can be ordered and in the stateroom on arrival?

(DH asked - he's not too good with surprises!)

I have a few questions I am hoping someone can assist with.

Does RCI typically have anything special going on for Valentine's Day? My husband and I were talking yesterday, when we realized we will be on our cruise on Valentine's Day.

We have reservations overnight at the Residence Inn before our cruise. We have transportation arranged; we are not renting a car. I know there are a few fast food places within walking distance. Are there other places as well? I think the hotel website lists a few places as .7 miles away. I'm just thinking that as much as we enjoy walking, this isn't our suburban neighborhood, you know? Are there any local spots a bit closer?

I don't know whether RCI wants pop/water in a suitcase or in a carry on, I just sent ours with a luggage/room tag on them and hoped for the best. As I said, we weren't going to be out that much $$ if it didn't make it to our room. I just figured to try and see what happened. For us, it was a positive. It might just of been our lucky day. :D:D

I don't know whether RCI wants pop/water in a suitcase or in a carry on, I just sent ours with a luggage/room tag on them and hoped for the best. As I said, we weren't going to be out that much $$ if it didn't make it to our room. I just figured to try and see what happened. For us, it was a positive. It might just of been our lucky day. :D:D

So you just sent cases, tagged for your room?

I'm a Diet Pepsi & water drinker, so being able to bring a case of each onboard would be great!

I'm a Diet Pepsi & water drinker, so being able to bring a case of each onboard would be great!

I am a Diet Mtn Dew drinker, so I always stick some in plastic bags in my luggage and send it on in. It has always made it. RCI has coke products. We get the soda card and when I am in the room I can enjoy a cold Diet Dew! I have never tried to bring a case nor have i tried to bring water on board, I would like to bring couple of large bottles for excursions on our next cruise in December.

When on the Explorer in 2008 and 2009, I purchased champagne cards. Are they available on Freedom? The are a card your purchase for a decent price with about 9 different champagne drinks. You just bring your card with you, tell the bartender what you want, and he punches a hole in the card.

It was a fun way to try different drinks, plus we liked the bartender there. I have my card in my scrapbook, so I can probably check it to give more specifics. It would be great to get one on my next cruise in February.

Ohhhhh...I so hope they have these on Freedom! We'll be on her in October, I'll be sure to check it out!:D:D:D

I've never done it but friends always take a case of bottled water (unopened) with them. They put a few luggage tags on the case and they say it always shows up. With this, I believe the key is UNOPENED; such that is is evident none of the bottles have been removed, opened, water poured out, vodka or gin poured in...well, you get the idea.

Seriously, I think Royal is much more concerned about folks smuggling booze on board than water or soft drinks as booze is where they make some good money!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've never done it but friends always take a case of bottled water (unopened) with them. They put a few luggage tags on the case and they say it always shows up. With this, I believe the key is UNOPENED; such that is is evident none of the bottles have been removed, opened, water poured out, vodka or gin poured in...well, you get the idea.

Seriously, I think Royal is much more concerned about folks smuggling booze on board than water or soft drinks as booze is where they make some good money!

We've brought an unopened case of water on prior cruises and had no problems. Just got off freedom yesterday and we took loose bottles of water in our carry on bags this time. The port security had to shake them all to ensure they were water and not alcohol but still no issues about taking them on board.

Juan

I'm going on Freedom in a little over 2 weeks and can hardly wait. Although I'm swamped at work, I can hardly concentrate and get anything done because I'm so excited.

Anyone just off Freedom with any experience carrying off their own luggage? If so, is there a limit to how many bags you can carry off or any size restrictions?

Just off the FOS on Sunday 7 Oct. Carried off our own bags. Only rule was those with one bag were diredted to the escalator and more than one bag directed to a small elevator.

Howdy! I'm new to Royal Caribbean and was wondering if they offer any kind of Chef's Table/Behind the Scenes dining experience and/or Ship Tour like those on Carnival or Princess?

Royal does offer an extensive ship tour, called the All Access Tour. Cost is $150 per person. Check availability on board at Guest Services.

As there is no self-service laundry on board, does Freedom offer a mid-week laundry special? And what is the cost for it?

They will offer a $25 wash and fold laundry special. This is for specific items like t-shirts, socks, underwear, etc.

Just off the FOS on Sunday 7 Oct. Carried off our own bags. Only rule was those with one bag were diredted to the escalator and more than one bag directed to a small elevator.

Interesting. On all of the other RC ships we've been on, they've never allowed folks carrying their luggage off to use anything but the stairs.

But, we've never been on Freedom...