All Things Freedom of the Seas!

I hope someone cruising on the Freedom in the next month or so comes back to comment on whether the new menus have rolled out yet. We aren't sailing til January so I guess they should be rolled out by then but I am hoping for some feedback, positive or negative on the new menus.

We like to do family activities together. What kind of things can we do together on sea days? Is there at least 1 family friendly show each night?

We have 4 kids (ages 7-14 when we last were on the Freedom) and there was plenty to do as a family together.

The kids loved playing putt putt golf, climbing the rock wall and ice skating. The ice skating show is fantastic. Also the Fairytale/Storybook show is great. There are plenty of places on the Freedom to bust out a deck of cards or play a dice game (like Yahtzee). You won't have any problems finding stuff to do as a family.

What you will have problems with is keeping the kids from wanting to go to adventure ocean all day. My kids love hanging out there. Even my teens who didn't really connect with tthe kids in the teen club still enjoyed going to tthe teen parties and events.

We tried to do at least one thing a day as a family, let them go and then all have dinner together. That's what worked for us. You won't have any problems keeping busy. It'll be harder to slow down for a day.

Have fun!

-Sean

We are use to Disney. Do they have family trivia, animation classes, family crafts, towel folding, family movies and family magic shows during the day? We aren't interested in the kids clubs. The ice skating, rock climbing,flow rider and put put sound great.

We are use to Disney. Do they have family trivia, animation classes, family crafts, towel folding, family movies and family magic shows during the day? We aren't interested in the kids clubs. The ice skating, rock climbing,flow rider and put put sound great.

Its been a while....

They didn't have animation classes but I'm pretty sure they had crafts and towel folding not sure there was magic but I know for sure they had movies both 3d in the theater and regular movies out by the pool.

The best thing to do is to ask (or keep an eye out) for the Cruise Compass from a recent Freedom sailing. That lists everything that is available. There really was too much stuff going on to keep track of.

I don't think I can list the website here but its a 'royalcaribbean' 'blog' and they have a page '/cruise-compass' that has compasses as recent as Sept 25 2016.

-Sean

Edited by wilmingtech

Hello - probably not the right thread to post this question but...

We are cruising on Freedom again in December and this time with our children. We have two connecting rooms (when I say connecting they are next to each other not truly connected with a door. Cabin 7250 and 7248; one is deluxe and one superior. My question is are we able to connect the balconies? I totally forget the partition setup but it would be awesome if that were the case.

Figured amongst all the RCCL experts someone may know. Thank you!