Dungen Inside Cabin People...

Thinking of booking a dungeon inside for my first cruise ever on Carnival Freedom. Going with my parents who are seniors (I'm 29, but turn 30 in 3 days -- ACK!) who have always booked inside for the price. They always book no-assigned-room and are given a room when they board, and it's always been an upgrade from the level they originally purchased. I'm a bit more skeptical of this idea, but would love to hear other people's opinions on this matter. For example, is it worth it to pay the $200 more per person and pick my inside room on the Lido deck, or save the money and maybe I'll get lucky and be upgraded for free? Speaking of which is there a good resource for which decks are good/bad for inside rooms?

Just came back from the Inspiration March 20th cruise. Had cabin #E187. It is a 1A on an inside corridor between outside and inside port and starboard cabins. These 1A's make the deck 5 rows of cabins wide there. It sat stem to stern. It was great. Very quiet. Good cabin steward and very spacious. One twin bed with a bunk/pullman. Tons of room to walk around and at night nothing to bang your toe into. Good size shower, lots of closet space and all the new upgrades. Loved it.

These are on the Empress deck aft and if you are going solo....enjoy.

Oh...by the way. The diningroom was up above me and never heard a sound...

Archived