Dungen Inside Cabin People...

today, I just booked the voyager of the seas, (ok its RCL), and booked inside guarantee, and its already showing they gave us a OV :D

leaving sunday, so pretty last minute booking today. There were only two inside unbooked inside cabins left, so maybe thats why we got bumped up. tee hee.

that's awesome!!

I have to agree with everyone else.I too, book Interior Cabins for the price and not being in the room very long, just to take care of the necessities. However, I have done so on two previous ocassions and been upgraded to Ocean Views.

When it's just the two of us I book inside b/c I'm afraid if we book a balcony we won't be able to go back inside which means less cruises which means an unhappy me...and if mom ain't happy ain't nobody happy:D .

Yeppers... I try to tell people this all the time. I think most of us spoil easily... so if you never had a balcony, you won't miss it.

Like most people here have said. It is the money issue. Inside cabins allow us to cruise more often.

P.S. We had a balcony on Disney. It was the back wrap around. We thought it was okay but not worth the money it would have cost if I had to pay for it.

MrPete][/b]

Gov. Spitzer. Very happy to see you joined the CC community in your spare time!

Now Now MrPete - play nice - we all know the govs hooker was FAR from cheap...:p :D

Spitzer should have taken Senator Larry Craig's advice... would have been cheaper.

I've been in inside, outside, balcony and suite. One thing I've never been is a SNOB!!!!Why would you buy a one carat diamond when you could buy a five carat diamond? I can't believe anyone would eat hambuger when they could be eating filet!!!! Get over yourself!!!

How many of you book in the dungen and why...?

Dungen or Dungeon, :eek: I thought it was simply just a room without a view :confused:

Don't recall it being cold, damp, seen rats, fed porridge, been tortured. I do know I saved thousands on every cruise, ate in the same nice dining room, fought for the same deck chairs not taken by the "hogs" :D

Always started booking inside and then all 3 times got upgraded, or decided to upgrade later for considerably less. It has never been about money but about what I get for the money. I think we spend something like an hour or two / day ( awake ) in our cabin. To spend $$$$ more make little sense for us. Views and air on the decks always was better then on the balcony ( the one time we had one ). I can honestly say now with one cruise with balcony, one with window, and one with no view at least for us the cabin made no difference in our memories, fun, experience, really!!! :D

I guess for some the $$$$ is no issue, for others they pinch as its worth / need the treat to look out over the ocean have a coffee/wine in privacy.

I book a "dungeon" because of price and I'm only in the cabin to sleep, shower and change. Of course maybe one of these days I might get lucky on a cruise and that would make four reasons to be in a dungeon. Oops, better remember to bring the whips and chains.....LOL:D :D

It will be fun to see if you can do this on the cruise tomorrow!! It would give us some more fun stories to tell.:D

I enjoy the inside rooms and don't want to be "upgraded" to a ocean view. I loved the balcony on the Alaska cruise because I had something to see most of the time. Looking at the horizon through a window and just seeing the ocean can make me dizzy. I work night shift and love being able to take a afternoon nap (my normal sleeoing time) in total darkness. The rooms are the same size as a oceanview and you have a curtain just no window. We also don't spend a lot of time in our room, too much to do on a cruise.

We booked an inside for our first cruise for the savings BUT we loved it!!!

We sailed on Conquest and there were only 2 of us so the cabin was extremely spacious and because it was so dark, we woke up well rested everyday.

For the past 4 years we have been booking balconies. That being said, we have stayed in inside and outside cabins. Anytime we are on a cruise is a good thing. Inside cabins were nice when my daughter was younger, she would sleep later with no sunlight. Next year we are thinking abot booking an inside or ouside vice a balcony. We can afford a balcont but we do not spend much time on it.

I started my cruising life with a balcony so it's hard to imagine not having one, especially when traveling with a young child and needing a place to hang out while they sleep or nap. But if it's a choice between no balcony or no cruise-I will take the cruise, thanks. That being said, I booked my first 4A GTY for my upcoming Victory cruise then got cold feet and "downgraded" myself to a 1A with teeny portholes for 2 of us. It'll be tight but I'm hoping the sunlight is worth it (and no, it's not one of the really great 1A portholes with the big picture window and double bed, it's all the way forward on Riviera deck-all that was available.

We'll see...

Sounds like I should really consider sailing in the bowels of the ship... sounds like I would be able to afford to cruise more often... :p
As long as you aren't claustophobic you should be OK. In 21 cruises we have had insides 14 times, OV twice (both upgrades from insides) and 5 balconies.

Sure, we'd love to sail in the penthouse suites every time. But we could do that once a year versus the 4 times a year we currently do by watching the prices.

Charlie

I've been in insides, outsides, and balconies and it all depends on price, itinerary and time of year. Port intensive itineraries and cool weather cruises, (Alaska excluded) - I don't want a balcony. Warm Caribbean cruises with lots of sea days and a balcony is great. Bottom line, I don't spend anymore time in my cabin if I have a balcony than when I don't. Insides are just fine for sleeping and the view in the bathroom is the same regardless of cabin type.

On our first 3 or 4 cruises we thought we had to at least have an OV room but one time on a 10 day Sun Princess Panama Canal cruise they had overbooked & offered to give us $500 cash back to *downgrade* to an inside room. We took the money & have never sailed on anything but inside since. It has never been a problem....we have been at the very back of the ship, middle & towards the front. We have never had trouble with seasickness. Like alot have said....we aren't in the room much.

HAPPY SAILING

I've been in inside, outside, balcony and suite. One thing I've never been is a SNOB!!!!Why would you buy a one carat diamond when you could buy a five carat diamond? I can't believe anyone would eat hambuger when they could be eating filet!!!! Get over yourself!!!

Are you talking to me? I never called anyone a balcony snob. There are people on these boards who call themselves balcony snobs!

"Get over yourself!!!" I just love that phrase. It's so, you know, enlightening! :rolleyes:

What are you angry about? We're just having a discussion.

I happen to like hamburger! I happen to think a 5 carat diamond is ostentatious and wouldn't be caught dead wearing one! Just because I CAN spend the money doesn't mean I have to, need to, or want to!

If you WANT to, then fine. But there are many who come here and post "oh, I could NEVER cruise unless I have a balcony" with the tone that they're just too good to be down in steerage with us peons!

I still believe there are a whole lot of people who "think" they'll be claustrophobic in an inside. I AM claustrophobic and just have never had any problems. I think a window is a total waste of money. I don't want to look out. I want to either be in my cabin sleeping or getter ready to do something or I want to be out and about DOING stuff.

We have booked a guarantee twice and got upgraded to an oceanview. If we didnt get upgraded it would be no big deal. We both like dark dark dark when we sleep and that is only when we were in cabin to sleep! Like saving the $$$

How do you get upgraded? We just booked a inside guarantee :). Is is something you have to ask for or do they just tell you? Thanks!

I always try for the ph rooms in category 1A.

I was only "upgraded" once and it was still an inside room, but up to the lido deck. Unfortunately it was right under the treadmills in the gym.

That 6am person jogging on the treadmill was a great wake up call.

I prefer to save the money on the cabin to spend in port or onboard.

Archived