Dungen Inside Cabin People...

I envy everyone that can book an inside or ocean view cabin. I wish I could. I am so claustrophobic that I cannot. I have got to be able to step outside and get air. I will only stay in motels because the door opens directly to the outside. If I could go with an inside I could cruise alot more often.

I loved having our first balcony on the Miracle. It was great. Except it was either cold when not in the sun or blazing hot when in it.

Decided if we go back to inside cabins, we can get 12 days on the sea this year rather than 7. That works for me!

I actually LOVE inside cabins. I happen to believe it should be dark when I'm sleeping!

If some people want to be balcony snobs, that's their problem, not mine.

I'm the opposite. I'm a Savings Snob. You go right ahead and pretend you're special and just cannot even think of having anything less than a balcony! I'll just take my cheapo inside cabin and have a great time!

Even if I could afford a balcony all the time, I probably wouldn't book them. Just because I can spend the money doesn't mean I should. The difference goes toward excursions and on-board spending.

I am not the least bit interested in the cabin. I'm interested in getting to beautiful, tropical islands and doing wonderful, fun things. There's lots of deck space on a ship for me to sit in the sun and read.

I had only booked outside or balcony cabins until my first Carnival cruise. Wasn't sure if I would like it. I actually LOVED it. Nice and dark day and night for sleeping. And based on what other cruisers have reported, the beds, bathroom and showers are the same in all the classes (well maybe except deluxe suites :) ). Why pay more unless you really plan to spend a large amount of your cruise time on your balcony or looking out a window? I could see that for certain cruises such as Alaska or Panama Canal where you want to be able to see as much scenery as possible. On a Caribbean cruise, the water doesn't change much during a Sea Day. :D

I hv been ug'd..but ok if I dont..6 to 9 cruises a year works for me, and w/SS to cough up, and now fuel s/chg..so I can go as often as i wish..just dont go in Spring brk, holiday spread, or 4 day week ends..and I go g'tee..if you do the math, a 4day by the day, is more $ than a 5..in most cases..if u are flex..do the math. or a B2B..one trip, one unpack etc.

some say that if the weather is bad, an inside cabin is a smoother ride.

i say, why pay? I am NOT staying there! If they upgrade, great! That being said, I did have a 10 day cruise to Panama, Cartagena, Costa Rica and I had a handicap room on Holland America. It faced front (One of only 4 rooms) with windows across the entire wall. no balcony. Anyhow, I had just had surgery so there were times I just wanted quiet, but to still be able to see out. That was perfect. If U R healthy, even wealthy, but VERY wise, you will get an inside cabin about 1/2 way up and enjoy the main decks!

I really prefer a balcony room, but I'll take what I can get and lately that's been inside cabins. While I like sleeping in the dark, I don't like trying to see in the darker, interior lighting and sometimes (not always) the interiors are smaller and cramped. But, hey, it's a cruise and that's what really matters.;)

I have been in an inside, and outside obstructed view and a balcony. I hope to never go back to inside! The reason for me is personal...I get up earlier than my hubby and like to read. So...I get room service for coffee and then take it and my book and slip into my cozy robe and sit out on the balcony and read and watch the water. My hubby gets his rest, I get my quiet time, and everybody is happy!:D

Travelling from the UK to the Caribbean means that the first 7 days are clogged with jetlag. An inside cabin enables us to acclimatise more quickly, but if we have time to spend in the US pre-cruise we prefer balconies if the price is right.

I did once on Celebrity... My family was going on a last minute cruise.. it was all the was left.. I was panicking...It really was not that bad...

Slept well..

Would i do it again?? only if i had too

Remember an inside cabin is better than staying home LOL

My wife and I have had an ov on our first cruise and had 2 inside rooms on the second and third cruise. Why? When we had the ov, we looked out about twice the whole cruise. We preferred to spend our time up on deck somewhere looking out. We also do not get any of the high priced rooms as we really only sleep and clean up in the rooms, not live in them. You can take almost another cruise on the savings.;)

ps: we are not high maintenance people, we just enjoy a few things in life

My wife and I have had an ov on our first cruise and had 2 inside rooms on the second and third cruise. Why? When we had the ov, we looked out about twice the whole cruise. We preferred to spend our time up on deck somewhere looking out. We also do not get any of the high priced rooms as we really only sleep and clean up in the rooms, not live in them. You can take almost another cruise on the savings.;)

ps: we are not high maintenance people, we just enjoy a few things in life

ditto for my husband and I ...We have only cruised once so far and chose an OV that first time. This second cruise I just booked I decided to go with an inside guar.

It was about $100 less for each of us..$200 off of just a 3 nighter seems like a huge savings to me considering we didn't spend much time looking out the window. In fact we didn't spend much time in the cabin other than to change and sleep..

so price is the main factor in why i chose an inside guar. this time.

That $200 we saved is like the deposit for our next long weekend get away cruise :)

ditto for my husband and I ...We have only cruised once so far and chose an OV that first time. This second cruise I just booked I decided to go with an inside guar.

It was about $100 less for each of us..$200 off of just a 3 nighter seems like a huge savings to me considering we didn't spend much time looking out the window. In fact we didn't spend much time in the cabin other than to change and sleep..

so price is the main factor in why i chose an inside guar. this time.

That $200 we saved is like the deposit for our next long weekend get away cruise :)

The COEXIST banner is cool.. where did you get that?

Last minute cruises...Normally only gets ya inside rooms.

today, I just booked the voyager of the seas, (ok its RCL), and booked inside guarantee, and its already showing they gave us a OV :D

leaving sunday, so pretty last minute booking today. There were only two inside unbooked inside cabins left, so maybe thats why we got bumped up. tee hee.

Archived