Past Guest Party.

angela76

What is the diffrence between the past guest party and the Captian party? And can you attend both? Do you have to dress up for the past guest party?

Yes you can attend both.. the Captain's party is usually held on formal night.. where as the past guest is not... and you don't have to dress up for that one;)

quote=angela76;13880385]What is the diffrence between the past guest party and the Captian party?

All passengers may attend the Captain's party on formal night. However, you should definitely be a past guest to receive a printed invitation to the Past Guest party.

And can you attend both? Do you have to dress up for the past guest party?

II you're a past guest, yes of course you may attend both. Dress is casual - really according to what time, and it varies w/each cruise.

Yes, it is free drinks. It is in one of the lounges. Also, don't feel like you have to drink what the waiters are bringing out. You can go to the bar at this and the captain's party and order whatever drink you want. Have fun.

..and dont forget that past guest parties are held on cruises 5+ night itineraries.

Past Guest parties are casual. They show a film (same one) of Carnival's history, all of the boats past and present...and most people will cheer when a boat they have sailed on appears on the screen.

I am traveling with my sister for her 1st cruise. Will I get an invitation to the past guest (I have traveled several times) and can she come with me as my guest? I would not feel very comfortable going without her as it will only be the two of us.

tigercat

I am traveling with my sister for her 1st cruise. Will I get an invitation to the past guest (I have traveled several times) and can she come with me as my guest? I would not feel very comfortable going without her as it will only be the two of us.

tigercat

Hi there...you will receive an invitation but unfortunately she will not... is only for past guests. :(

So, since my daughter will be traveling with us but hasn't cruised before, can I give her my invitation? We will be celebrating her college graduation and I can't drink so it would make more sense for her to go.

So, since my daughter will be traveling with us but hasn't cruised before, can I give her my invitation? We will be celebrating her college graduation and I can't drink so it would make more sense for her to go.

I cant see why not! I have seen people turned away who didnt have an invitation in their hands....as long as she has it shes good to go!

quote=angela76;13880385]What is the diffrence between the past guest party and the Captian party?

All passengers may attend the Captain's party on formal night. However, you should definitely be a past guest to receive a printed invitation to the Past Guest party.

And can you attend both? Do you have to dress up for the past guest party?

II you're a past guest, yes of course you may attend both. Dress is casual - really according to what time, and it varies w/each cruise.

was realizing I had missed not seeing you lately..hope you are well..welcome back..lucky,

tigercat

I am pretty sure that you won't have a problem taking your sister as a guest. I brought my wife with me to the past guest party on the Conquest last month. I did check with the Purser's desk first, but even as we were entering the lounge I simply turned in the invitation, said good evening, and we strolled right in.

Keep in mind that the past guest party days and time it will be held varies from sailing to sailing. We were thinking we had somehow missed the party as it was not held on our second sea day like so many people said it would be. It was actually on the second formal dinner at 4:30. There won't be music and dancing at the past guest party and it's much more laid back. Make sure you bring your invitation with you to the party the CD was collecting them and greeting people as they arrived. They do take your invitations at the door and put them in a drawing that's held during the talk portion of the party. The appetizers were not the same as the ones we had at the captains party and the drinks varied as well. At least this was the case on our sailing.

Freedom 2-23-2008

I received my invitation in my stateroom. It was late at night I might have had a few drinks and I swear it said 11:00. Well, I assumed it was 11PM on the next day. It was actually 11:00AM....Who parties and drink at 11AM??? .... I showed up at 11:00pm at the Victoriana lounge and there was no one there...:-( No wonder why no one could tell me where they had changed the party to.

tigercat

You can bring 1 guest with you to the party! Check the Carnival website under FAQ's if you need to put your mind at ease. ;)

Archived