Touring Vancouver

SakeDad

This (below) is the tour NCL is offering us in Vancouver for $39 per person. My question is we arrive in the morning and this tour should be done by 1p and our flight is not until 8pm....

a) should we do this tour?

b) should we do this tour + the trolley around town after it?

c) should we just do the trolley and not book this tour at all?

d) locals or folk that have been to Vancouver give us MUCH better ideas than we ever had!

NCL Tour:Nestled between the Coastal Mountain Range and the Pacific Ocean, Vancouver's beauty is proudly unveiled during this fully commentated tour. Venture through exotic Chinatown and historic Gastown. Enjoy the splendor and beauty of Queen Elizabeth Park, with its abundance of flowers and indigenous trees. Continue to Stanley Park, surrounded by brilliant city and ocean views, where you'll have plenty of opportunities to take pictures and stop to see the world-famous totem poles. After a leisurely drive along English Bay Beach, you'll arrive at Granville Island Public Market, a collection of theaters, artists' studios, craft shops, restaurants and food vendors. Make your way through the upscale Shaughnessy neighborhood where old homes and stately mansions dominate the landscape.

The trolley will take in pretty much everything that this tour does, and you can get on and off at your own pace. If the tour will be done by 1pm, that doesn't give you a lot of time to see any of the stops it makes - I guess it would depend on the time you are able to get off the ship and the time you need to leave the city to get to the airport. I, personally, would do the trolley - check your bags at Canada Place and hop on the trolley right there at the Pan Pacific. Remember to leave yourself about 45 minutes to get to the airport from Canada Place. Vancouver is an amazing city, I have lived here for two years and there are still areas of Stanley Park that I haven't managed to see! Enjoy!

Archived