air fare

csk

Does anyone know of a last minute air fare website that is good when you need a ticket at the last minute, cant use priceline as we cant travel until late in the day, I have tried all the usual ones, but thought someone may have a secret one that is good. Do to a work schedule we cannot leave until late in the evening on Saturday for our Sunday cruise, and delta wants an arm and leg to change, thought I just might trip to find another one , Thanks

From my experience...

1. booking directly through the airline is usually cheapest...

2. Southwest and AirTran usually have the best deals for my home airport... again, book directly through them.

3. Check out farecompare.com

4. Many also have success using kayak.com

I don't usually recommend using priceline for airfare when cruising since you are then locked into priceline's flight times and they may not always work out with your schedule.

If you are looking for flights in the next few weeks, aka, Spring Break... it is probably going to cost you... even last minute.

For example, a friend just flew down to Orlando the other day for the weekend to attend a funeral and her RT flight was well over $400 (from Indy)... that's as much as DH and I pay for BOTH of us any other time of year... Easter weekend and Spring break were both stacked against her this weekend.

Archived