Balcony Staterooms BC BD BE BF?

testerlady

I've just booked my first cruise ever on the Dawn and I'm a little confused. What's the difference betwwen the staterooms? The description is the same and the size of the rooms seems to be the same. Is it the location? Is a BC better than a BD? Thanks for any information.

I've just booked my first cruise ever on the Dawn and I'm a little confused. What's the difference betwwen the staterooms? The description is the same and the size of the rooms seems to be the same. Is it the location? Is a BC better than a BD? Thanks for any information.

Yes, it is about location. I always try to find the deck that is between other decks with cabins only. Meaning I am not right below all the public areas and Im not right above the public areas or the life boats, but sandwhiched in between 2 decks of cabins. If I had to guess, without looking at the dawn decks...Id say its probably a BD or BB category.

The interior of the balcony cabin is the same, the difference in categories is the deck and the location (forward, midship, aft). Which is "better" is really a matter of personal preference. For example, there are people who love aft balconies which are actually a category BB and would consider those better than a midship category BA, which is technically a higher category. Some balconies are larger, like those on the Caribe deck on Grand Class ships. Some are covered, some are uncovered, some are half and half. There's lots of info here on to help you make your choice, but the main category difference is deck and location.

Another location tip... If you are concerned about seasickness, the best plan is to get a midship cabin on a lower deck. Those are the cabins that feel the least motion. Oh, and the Caribe Deck balconies are great...double the size of the other balcony cat. cabins and it's half open half covered.:)

Archived