Ft Lauderdales Sheraton Yankee Trader Closing

Bequia

Owners plan to close the 459-room property June 1 for renovations and reopen it early next year as a four-star property with 26 fewer rooms but more meeting space, a spa and other improvements. It will re-open as a Westin. Rooms at the new Westin likely would average $250 to $400 a night.

A "multimillion-dollar" upgrade at the 500-room Clipper may start late this year,

About time. ;)

Are these two hotels really in that bad a shape. I still have not booked my room for 4/26-4/28. Just can not seem to find anything at this point. Ready to head south to Miami, but I want to stay in FLA. I am worried about the hotels w/ all the bad reviews on Tripadvisor.

Are these two hotels really in that bad a shape.

It's not so much being in bad shape, just dated. With upcoming renovations it's unlikely any cosmetic issues (torn carpets, scratched furniture, broken fixtures,etc) will be addressed.

/////

It's not so much being in bad shape, just dated. With upcoming renovations it's unlikely any cosmetic issues (torn carpets, scratched furniture, broken fixtures,etc) will be addressed.

/////

That and the fact that Fort Lauderdale has become so much more of an upscale destination that it can support more upscale hotels.

I got the Yankee Trader from Priceline for Aug 2nd. What can I do? Is priceline going to contact me? I was trying for the courtyard marriott, but I got the yankee trader, I think I booked to far in advance. Any advice is appreciated.

Jeanne

Archived