Formal Night Question - Fantasy

AJeray4TN

I have heard and read a few different things on this matter. We sail out of New Orleans on Monday and were just wondering if there is an actual "formal night" for dinner on the cruise? Just one night? Not at all? Someone told me that there is not one on this particular cruise, but my understanding was that all cruises have at least one???

That's correct, one formal night for every 4-5 day cruise. Unfortunately/fortunately, the "formal" night on the Fantasy is not as formal as you will find on some of the other cruises. It's more of a Sunday go to church wear, rather than actual formal.

But, of course, you can wear the full length gowns and not feel uncomfortable. You won't be the only one wearing one. (If you're a guy - I don't suggest a gown :D, maybe a nice Tux).

Happy cruising!

But, of course, you can wear the full length gowns and not feel uncomfortable. You won't be the only one wearing one. (If you're a guy - I don't suggest a gown :D, maybe a nice Tux).

Happy cruising!

Dang - and here I was all ready to buy DH a new gown for the trip;)

So do guys wear suits, sports coats or no coats? DH is NOT one to dress up - and I was figurin' that we'd be doin' the buffet that night, but if he doesn't have to put a coat on we might be able to do it.

Dang - and here I was all ready to buy DH a new gown for the trip;)

So do guys wear suits, sports coats or no coats? DH is NOT one to dress up - and I was figurin' that we'd be doin' the buffet that night, but if he doesn't have to put a coat on we might be able to do it.

My observation from my two sailings on the Fantansy, was that there were many types of dress. Some men wore Tuxes, suits, and then some wore shirt and tie.

May I suggest that you don't miss out on formal night. It may not seem attractive to you now (having to gussie up and all :) ) My first cruise, I decided that it wasn't worth lugging all that fancy clothes on the ship, when I had an alternative and could eat at the buffet. I was so sorry I did. I felt I missed out on something special.

I don't suggest that your DH wear shirt and tie only on most other ships. But, I think he will be okay on this particular ship.

Happy cruising

Oh, I have NO problem getting dressed up - love it. It's DH that has a problem with it. I might be able to talk him into a tie - but even that would be pushing it. I'm sure he would MUCH rather do the buffet. We'll be traveling with others, so I guess I need to see what everyone else will be doing and then let DH know what he'll be doing:)

Oh, I have NO problem getting dressed up - love it. It's DH that has a problem with it. I might be able to talk him into a tie - but even that would be pushing it. I'm sure he would MUCH rather do the buffet. We'll be traveling with others, so I guess I need to see what everyone else will be doing and then let DH know what he'll be doing:)

The food is much better in the dining room than in the buffet. On Formal night is when Lobster and Prime Rib is served in the dining room.

Archived