Zip line tours??

Stout93

Our ports are Juneau, Sitka, Skagway and Ketchikan.

I know of a "jungle" zip line tour in Juneau, are there other ones people would recommend in the other 3 ports.

We're scheduled for Harv and Marvs whale watching in Juneau and probably wont have time for a zip line, so we're looking to see if the other 3 cities offer it.

I know of a "jungle" zip line tour in Juneau, are there other ones people would recommend in the other 3 ports.

We're scheduled for Harv and Marvs whale watching in Juneau and probably wont have time for a zip line, so we're looking to see if the other 3 cities offer it.

Here is one in Ketchican

http://www.southeastexposure.com/rainforest-ropes-and-zip-challenge.html

Kelly

We took the Zip Line excursion in Ketchikan and would do it again in a skinny minute!:)

The scenery is fantastic, the crew is very safety conscious, and the zipping is exhilarating!

I would highly recommend the zip line in Ketchikan.;)

Marie-

On the Alpine Zipline and Eco tour site- it says that if you are on certain cruiselines- you must book through the cruise. Booking through the cruise is $170 (RCCL), directly is $138. I am assuming you were there on a cruise- did you book through the ship or directly? If directly- did you just not tell them that you were on a cruise?

There will be 3 of us zipping- I'd rather save the $92 (ttl) if I can!

thanks for the info!

-JC in CA

I was wondering if anyone has brought a Camera and/or Video Camera on the zip line tours in Ketchican. Are you able to carry a backpack that would have your camera cases in it? Are you needing to use both hands most times, which would make it not really possible to record or take pictures. Any info that you cna give would be very much appreciated.

I was wondering if anyone has brought a Camera and/or Video Camera on the zip line tours in Ketchican. Are you able to carry a backpack that would have your camera cases in it? Are you needing to use both hands most times, which would make it not really possible to record or take pictures. Any info that you cna give would be very much appreciated.

You can bring both a still or video camera on this excursion. While you are actually "zipping" you need both hands, but at the end of each zipline, there are platforms that give you the time for photo ops.

There are two staff members that accompany you on the course. One goes first, and the other last at each zipline. You can hand one of them your camera and they will be happy to take a photo or video of your turn on the zipline.

If you follow the links in my signature, we have some photos of this excursion.

Sam

yes, you are going to need both hands ( braking and correction) but the folks at Alaska Canopy Adventures are very resourceful. One member of our group wanted to shoot video footage so the guides fashioned a "mini-rig" to allow him to zip safely and shoot at the same time.

My better half and my dad experienced the zipline in Ketchikan, while my mom and I chose the Saxman Village/Rain Forest experience. A great time was had by all. The zipliners were actually buzzing over our heads for part of our hike in the Rain Forest Sanctuary. All of us had the chance to see brown bears feeding on salmon. The zipliners saw the bears from their perches in the trees while we hikers saw the feeding bears from the ground.

You actually saw black bears at the Rainforest Sanctuary. There are not any brown bears that inhabit the Ketchikan area.

Thanks. Yes, I was just corrected at home too. The bears we saw were brownish, but they were actually black bears.

We booked independently. We were there the first year they opened and the price then was $115. Maybe things have changed since we were there, but we booked ourselves and they picked us up in the parking lot for Mt. Roberts tram. They also took us to a spot where we had a good view of Mendenhall before we zipped so we could all take pictures.

Archived