Island Intensive Cruise, Who Wants In?????

jlane

Help us name our Group Cruise on the Victory 3/22/09? Banners to follow!  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Help us name our Group Cruise on the Victory 3/22/09? Banners to follow!

• Wings of Victory
    • Victorious Villians
    • Victory Vagabonds
    • Victory Voyagers
    • Pirates of the Southern Caribbean
    • Conquering 7 Islands in 7 Days
    • Victory Island Pirates (VIPs)
    • Victory Virgin Vagabonds (3VPs)
    • WOW, the list is endless, but voice your opinion...

Hi Jlane....

I'm a little worried about no sea days and needing a vacation to recover from vacation!

I was a little worried about this too but with the long port times it is easy to relax a little in the morning or afternoon and still have lots of time for an excursion or shopping. Plus everyone will be off the ship so it's easy to enjoy the pool for a bit too ;)

I used to live in Canton, Michigan :)

Jodie,

Shelly and I would love to go but we are already booked for the Splendor in April of 09.....hopefully we will sail again with you and Tom 1 day. I know spring break work better for you guys after the cold wet winters yall have. That is not a good time for us though and we are trying to do places we have not been.

WooHoo! DH said full speed ahead on this cruise and then doing it agin i Sept! Gosh I love that man!

Is there some magical secret to getting the groups department to reply to you? Ive been trying to get a group cruise together for ages and have never so much as gotten an email back.

WooHoo! DH said full speed ahead on this cruise and then doing it agin i Sept! Gosh I love that man!

Is there some magical secret to getting the groups department to reply to you? Ive been trying to get a group cruise together for ages and have never so much as gotten an email back.

Whooo Hooo is right! Glad you are joining us :D I do prefer to travel in the winter when the weather isn't perfect at home in FL.....;)

There is usually a discount and then some extras such as onboard credit or a bottle of wine.

What is offered and how big of a discount is dependant on the specific cruise so its hard to say what will happen for this one. I believe jlane will know soon though!

MarysMom,

I see you are from Terre Haute, IND! I used to live in Rockville and my sister and bro - in - law live in Terre Haute...Small world!

Small world indeed! It seems like evryone knows someone or has lived in Terre Haute.

I love Rockville! Id love to move out of TH to go there instead. I think I would kill myself during covered bridge though!!

I'm not sure if I'll get a response yet this weekend on the pricing. I'm chomping at the bit too!!!

I've put together two CC groups in the past and I'm sure it will be a couple of days before you hear back...pricing should be quick after that though :)

I couldn't resist a new countdown clock....only 351 more days 'til we sail :D :D :D

You crack me up to...

I'll try to make one of those cool banners for everyone once we get a name down.

Victorious Villians? (or is that a name for another group???)

wings of victory?

OK, obviously, the creative one amongst us is anaslile... keep 'em coming! :D

Jlane...I see you have done the southern route twice before. Which are your favorite ports?

The first time we did a Southern route, we flew into San Juan and had an extra day there. So we took advantage of going to the bioluminense bay. I will definitely do that again. It was an awesome experience. When we've come into San Juan from leaving from Florida, the time is too short to do this excursion due to the location of the bays to the ports.

On the first southern, besides San Juan, we stopped at St Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, and Aruba. All are great ports with their own uniqueness. But like I said on a previous post, I enjoyed our catamaran excursion while in Barbados... it was top notch. But I would probably want to explore more of the island this time. Aruba was beautiful too, we did a pirate ship (a snorkeling and drinking type of excursion) and when we got back we had time to go parasailing. Dominica was a quaint island with lovely, gracious people.

On the second southern, we left from Ft Lauderdale and had more fun days at sea. Our stops included St Maarten, St Lucia, St Kitts. We had a great time on St Lucia (probably due to our tour guide of Serenity Tours) and loved that island. We had a poor tour guide at St Kitts, but I'm still looking forward to exploring the island. St Maarten was spent at the beach and driving around on the French side.

When looking at this itinerary, I did think hard about the lack of "fun days" at sea; however, this past cruise our last fun day at sea was spent in our cabin as more than half the ship was sea sick from the 15 foot waves that was rocking the ship. Yes, I typically enjoy the fun days at sea, but I also love the islands and that's really why I cruise.

I cannot wait to do this itinerary!!! :p And, plan what we'll be doing on all of the islands.

Jodie

So far the possible names I've posted are.....

Victory Vagabonds

Victory Voyagers

what about Pirates of the Southern Caribbean? That would be a nice logo and theme..... Plus, we will be raiding lots of ports :)

Here's how it's looking as of Sunday, 4/6 for possible 3/22/09 Victory cruisers:

1. Jodie & Tom (jlane)

2. MarysMom

3. Julie and Randall (jrmende63)

4. Linda (LEtue) (+others)

5. anaslile

6. phinfan63 (maybe)

7. trarecar (maybe)

8. Don & Karyn (MustardMan) (maybe)

9. TwoMateys (two maybes)

10. Travelbumsboston

11. Torybruno

12. ntune

13. darygonflymy2000

Jodie

p.s. still waiting on final pricing and hoping to get the word Monday

Oh I love the pirates idea! That would make a cute logo. Wings of victory was kind of catchy too.

Oh Im so excited! Ive never done a cruise that was this port intensive. Some people think Im nuts beut I really dont think a fun day at sea is all that fun!

Thanks to anaslile and LEtue for the names below. If anyone can think of other possibilities, let me know, we'll do a poll and I'll create the banner.

1. Wings of Victory

2. Victorious Villians

3. Victory Vagabonds

4. Victory Voyagers

5. Pirates of the Southern Caribbean

Archived