Excellent Easter week cruise on the Spirit last week.

cruisecastle

We did the 8night Mexican Riviera cruise out of San Diego last week. It was an excellent cruise to say the least. Food was great, service was great, ports were great.

Embarkation was easy and I was on the ship by 12:15 with a drink of the day in hand. I like the new coconut cups and fantail cups a nice change from the tall plastic cups.

There were plenty of activities everyday and the only negative thing I can think of is the "Spirit" show. Man that was one awful production.

Had none of the DR service problems that some post about. People were a good mix between formal and cruise elegant. Had two melting chocolate cake desserts with 4 ice creams everynight. The supperclub was awesome as I had surf and turf with the 3peppercorn sauce.

Dropped about $400 on pics and won about $500 at caribbean stud poker. So that worked out nice.

I will be happy to answer any questions you have on the Spirit. It really was the best domestic carnival cruise I've done.

I was on that cruise with you! We had a great time too. I'll second all of your opinions.

During the Q&A with the cruise director, she told us that the Spirit is getting new shows in November. I'm not very fond of the "Spirit" show either. It is time for a change.

That is GREAT to hear. My hubby and I are booked on the 12 day cruise from Vancouver, BC to Hawaii - departing on September 24th, also on the Spirit. This will only be our second cruise, and the first on Carnival. Of course, my eyes are peeled for any tidbit on what to expect on that ship. So far, most everything I've heard has been very positive.

We are booked in a balcony room - Room number 8182, to be exact. Do you happen to know if that's a good location?

Any other thoughts you'd like to share about the Spirit? Thanks a million for making yourself available on this.

I'll be on her again on Apr 13 and cannot wait!

What did you hit on Carribean Stud? I hope to hit something on 3 Card Poker and Let it Ride!

Did they have a hypnotist show?

They did have a hypnotist show. I was a participant in the show it was very funny. On the stud that was a cumulative total not one big hit. I hit two full houses and one flush that really helped

That is GREAT to hear. My hubby and I are booked on the 12 day cruise from Vancouver, BC to Hawaii - departing on September 24th, also on the Spirit. This will only be our second cruise, and the first on Carnival. Of course, my eyes are peeled for any tidbit on what to expect on that ship. So far, most everything I've heard has been very positive.

We are booked in a balcony room - Room number 8182, to be exact. Do you happen to know if that's a good location?

Any other thoughts you'd like to share about the Spirit? Thanks a million for making yourself available on this.

NOt sure where that is but we had an extended balcony and it was great. Stayed in the same room we did 4 years ago. My only other thoughts are be prepared for great food and what really is the best ship in the fleet domestically. You'll have a great time.

cruisecastle - Totally agree! I loved the Spirit Mexican Riviera cruise!

We went to Playa La Ropa (beach) in Zihau- about a blk away from the wharf area are the mini-busses - 5 Pesos to get there. 1 hour massages on the beach in cabanas.

Michelle2 I have been on the Spirit 4 times and I really enjoy this ship, however my Dh and I talked about going on the Pride this year. I might change my thinking on this if there are going to be new shows in Nov, Did Shawn mention when they are going to start?? Thanks

Number1cruiser

Michelle2 I have been on the Spirit 4 times and I really enjoy this ship, however my Dh and I talked about going on the Pride this year. I might change my thinking on this if there are going to be new shows in Nov, Did Shawn mention when they are going to start?? Thanks

She only said "new shows in November". Sorry I don't have any more information for you.

I love the Pride, and since she is leaving next year you might want to give her a try.

Grrrracie, we just got off the Spirit yesterday and were in room 8168. It is a noisy room as it is under the dome pool area. We could here the chairs scraping constantly during the day and the bass thump when the band was playing. The balcony was nice but too noisy to read or relax on. Our friends who were under Lido buffet area did not have the same noise problem because there is carpet under the chairs inside. I would NOT book this room again.

cruisecastle - Totally agree! I loved the Spirit Mexican Riviera cruise!

We went to Playa La Ropa (beach) in Zihau- about a blk away from the wharf area are the mini-busses - 5 Pesos to get there. 1 hour massages on the beach in cabanas.

We did the same and hung at la perla. Authentic and nice

Archived