Suntan lotion called something like "ban de sala" . . . ?

Years ago . . . actually only about five years ago . . . there used to be a suntan "gel" that was orange called something like Ban de sala or something like that. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so . . . how do you spell it and do they still make it? None of the stores I've been to carry it anymore . . . which leads me to believe that the company doesn't even exit anymore. But . . . if anyone knows what I'm talking about . . . please share . . . :p

Just wanted ya all to know that I placed an order via drugstore.com. I've been on the Cruise Critics boards for years and this is but another example of how fellow cruisers help. Again . . . thanks!

:D :D

Drugstore.com rocks!!!

They ship lickity split and once you order from them, they send coupons every month and specials and all kinds of goodies!Plus you earn money with every order, I get free 'stuff ' every month!

Glad you are happy!:)I agree, fellow CC'ers are awesome...

Bless you guys!!!!!!! Thank you soooo much . . . :p

Thank you for jogging my 62 year old brain! It is about the only suntan product that I used from about 1970-80 and I have also just ordered it from drugstore.com (plus they sell OPI nail polish and Booth's lotion, etc.) so I managed to order enough to get free shipping. :)

I used to use that stuff back in the 70's too...now I'm paying for the low SPF and visiting my dermatologist annually to have all of my sun spots checked out. These days it's an SPF 45 or higher for me.

I loved Bain de Soleil...just the smell of it always reminded me of summertime back home in Myrtle Beach! :)

I used to use that stuff back in the 70's too...now I'm paying for the low SPF and visiting my dermatologist annually to have all of my sun spots checked out. These days it's an SPF 45 or higher for me.

I loved Bain de Soleil...just the smell of it always reminded me of summertime back home in Myrtle Beach! :)

Too funny! I too loved the smell of Bain de Soleil . . . it reminded me going to Ocean City and beaches on the "shore" in Maryland . . . :p

If so many of us "oldies but goodies" fondly remember this suntan lotion/gel, why is it so darn hard to find these days? I'm sure I'm not the only one that would buy it . . . . :p Come to think of it . . . I just bought it . . . :D (but without ya all's help, I'd have never found it)!

If so many of us "oldies but goodies" fondly remember this suntan lotion/gel, why is it so darn hard to find these days? I'm sure I'm not the only one that would buy it . . . . :p Come to think of it . . . I just bought it . . . :D (but without ya all's help, I'd have never found it)!

Probably hard to find because no one but us old f**ts know about it and everyone is so conditioned to Spf 95++++ that there is not much demand for it. I figure I've lived this long, if I die from the sun so be it. ;) At least I will have a healthy looking tan for the viewing!

B

AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh BaIn de soleil !!! I forgot all about that! I use to love that stuff and as some said.......the smell :) Wonder if they make a candle with that smell????? LOL I may have to get some just to sniff ROFLMBO

JoAnn

Remember the ad copy? Bain de Soleil for the St. Tropez tan-I can even picture the model I think who was quite bronzed in the ads. Used to buy it in high school... if memory at this old age serves me right:)

The famous Bain de Soleil (bath of the sun) model was Chris Zeimer. I knew her (worked w/ her at the beginning of my career and towards the end of hers) and she wasn't dark in real life at all. The pictures were retouched.

Probably hard to find because no one but us old f**ts know about it and everyone is so conditioned to Spf 95++++ that there is not much demand for it. I figure I've lived this long, if I die from the sun so be it. ;) At least I will have a healthy looking tan for the viewing!

B

Being raised in Florida and being a beach baby all my life . . . all I can say is "amen sister." :D

AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh BaIn de soleil !!! I forgot all about that! I use to love that stuff and as some said.......the smell :) Wonder if they make a candle with that smell????? LOL I may have to get some just to sniff ROFLMBO

JoAnn

JoAnn . . . I'd buy that candle in a . . . tee hee . . . started to say "New York Moment" but seeing where you're from . . . maybe I should say a "New Jersey Moment" . . . tee hee

JoAnn

Oh my Heavens . . . you are from New York . . . sorry about that! Someone else mentioned the Jersey Shore (who was also from New York). Think I need to have another glass of wine . . . NOT :eek:

I remember using that gelee in the 70's too...am I old? Who said? I too remember the fragrance... just hearing the name brings back memories of all those hazy lazy summer days at the lake trolling around on a pontoon boat and laying on the beach here in Minnesota...hey don't have to be in Fla or Ca to be a beach babe.....:p

Probably the reason that one can't find it too many places is because the SPF is really minimal, like SPF 4. I too loved the smell, but it was a little sticky and didn't really give you any sun protection at all. My age spots show that pretty clearly.;)

Archived