Which is a better time to book a PS on Southern Car or Alaskan Cruise?

dadsbdaycruiser

We have two cruises booked next year, one on the Summit for the Southern Caribbean cruise in March and the other on the Millenium to Alaska in June of 2009. We have a big family and will have 10-12 people in 4+ cabins. I have Penthouse Suites booked on both, but am debating which cruise we would use the balcony more for (the main reason I liked that room)... the Caribbean trip (sunbathing etc) or the Alaskan one (viewing the scenery while cruising)... does anyone have a view?

Our group ranges in age from teenagers (5 of them) - my husband and myself, and our parents (70+). I do have some other good aft cabins booked (both CC and a FOV), so we still have nice choices for the others, but I thought having the PS as a meeting place for us would be nice.

Wanna adopt me?:D ;)

Sounds wonderful that is for sure....a family cruise with the

Penthouse! I would say Alaska but that is just my opinion:)

Hope everyone has a wonderful time:)

We've done the PH for both those cruises and in all honesty, it's a tough call. It was perfect for our Panama Canal cruises on X, and wonderful for our 11 day cruise on Constellation. We cruised last year on Infinity to Alaska in June and it was sooooo cold and rainy that we didn't use the balcony all that much. It's the reason we booked the CS for our Alaska cruise on Infinity this July. The huge windows in the CS are perfect for the cooler Alaska cruises.

Thanks so much for the info... I am going to see about booking a CS for Alaska- I think that will work better, and we will keep the aft CC rooms for the others in our party and can use their decks for viewing, if we want to go outside. It looks like it would make a nice gathering place. If the weather is not totally reliable, I think we are better off not paying the extra for the outside balcony the PS gives us.

We will keep the PS for now in Caribbean- plus it is much more reasonable on that leg (60% of the cost for the Alaskan cruise)- and I think we'll use the balcony a lot for our group.

Personally, I would rather book the RS for the Alaska cruise rather than the CS. If it is nice out, you have more room on the balcony and if the weather is cooler/rainy, you have more room in your suite.

But, this is just my opinion.

Whichever you decide, I'm sure that you will enjoy in Alaska.

Judy, correct me if I'm wrong, but are you confusing the CS, Celebrity Suite with a CC, Concierge Class suite? The CS is the huge, bump out suite that's mid ship, with the wonderful floor to ceiling windows. We're booked in one for our upcoming Constellation cruise in two weeks and our Infinity cruise to Alaska in July. We like the idea of having a really large suite, but because it's going to be so chilly, the balcony would be pretty useless and the huge wall of windows will provide great viewing of the North Sea.

Archived