Clebrity first-timer! Attire question

mgg42

Hi all, first I have to apologize. I was banned for 24 hours on Friday for calling someone lazy. I was having a bad day and I shouldn't have taken it out on someone here. Props to the moderators for putting me in my place. It won't happen again!

Now to my question. I'm leaving on Century on Thursday. Four nights, and according to the website, that's one formal, one informal, and two casual nights.

Now, I know how dining attire threads can get out of control, so I'm not trying to start a debate, I just want some insight. Here is my plan:

Formal night: dark suit

Informal night: slacks, sport coat, collar shirt

Casual nightL slacks, collar shirt

As someone who tends to be a conformist in such situations, will the informal night attire of a sportcoat and collar shirt be okay? Or should I bring a dress shirt and tie for that night instead?

I assume the rest of the plan sounds okay.

Thanks for any insight. It's 41, gray and rainy in New Hampshire today, I am SOOOOOO READY!!!!

My husband packs a dress shirt to wear with a coat and tie for informal nights, then when the daily says nothing about tie required, he doesn't put the tie on, and just wears his dress shirt with no tie. I think a collard sports shirt would look much better than his dress shirts with no ties. I finally did find a good compromise.... I got him a nice button down dress shirt to wear with no tie, and it looks much better than the free flowing collars when he doesn't have the top button done.

You’ll fit right in just fine with everyone else. I hope you have a great cruise on Century it’s a wonderful ship and crew. We just got off yesterday and had one of our most enjoyable cruises to date, hope you do as well.:)

A crisp white shirt & tie.

Never fails.

Celebrity: On informal nights, men are requested to wear a jacket, shirt and slacks, No jeans, while women may want to wear a suit or dress.

No mention of the need for a tie, but, hey, put one on and you stand out above the rest, buddy. A coloured bowtie works, too.

Bon voyage

Celebrity: On informal nights, men are requested to wear a jacket, shirt and slacks, No jeans, while women may want to wear a suit or dress.

Always glad they mention pants. Wouldn't want anyone showing up without pants on:D .

Hi all, first I have to apologize. I was banned for 24 hours on Friday for calling someone lazy. I was having a bad day and I shouldn't have taken it out on someone here. Props to the moderators for putting me in my place. It won't happen again!

Now to my question. I'm leaving on Century on Thursday. Four nights, and according to the website, that's one formal, one informal, and two casual nights.

Now, I know how dining attire threads can get out of control, so I'm not trying to start a debate, I just want some insight. Here is my plan:

Formal night: dark suit

Informal night: slacks, sport coat, collar shirt

Casual nightL slacks, collar shirt

As someone who tends to be a conformist in such situations, will the informal night attire of a sportcoat and collar shirt be okay? Or should I bring a dress shirt and tie for that night instead?

I assume the rest of the plan sounds okay.

Thanks for any insight. It's 41, gray and rainy in New Hampshire today, I am SOOOOOO READY!!!!

Calling someone lazy?

WOW that is really bad, so surprised you were let back in :)

As fo "Formal night: dark suit".

no, no, no, no. What ever happened to the tuxedo on a fromal night?

What is supposed to be an occasion to dress up is turned in to a business meeting, why oh why oh why?

Don't flame me, its only an opinion deary!

LOL

The dark suit is perfectly acceptable according to the written dress code. There's no argument to the contrary. It's fine to prefer a tux, Gerry - I know I do - but it's not wrong in any way to wear a suit if that is what the OP prefers...

Archived