Spring Break Timings

After experiencing a marvelous cruise Feb 24 08 on Mariner, we're looking to book another cruise in Feb-March 09, but want to avoid the heavy spring break times. Here in Canada, our Spring break is typically around mid March (10-17 approx). When are the heavy break times in US for high schools and Universities? Thanks!

Expect lots of "young'uns" from March through April---all of the US schools break at different times, depending on whether they have 6 or 9 week schedules. And all of our schools START at different times of the year! some begin before Labor Day, some don't start until a week after!

Plan on that being prime "kid" time. But, don't worry--RCI keeps them busy and they won't be a bother!

Easter isn't until April 12 next year, that will move a lot of breaks into mid April.

###

Not around here it won't. Spring Break is independent of Easter. Grade schools here start 2nd week of March and there are some schools off in each of the next 3 weeks.

Don't know about colleges, usually earlier.

I have travelled over Sprink Break 2 years in a row and have not had any problem with the amount of children or college age adults onboard. I work for the school system so maybe I'm just used to having children around, but they really are not a problem. I think you just need to choose your ship and itinerary carefully, if you are concerned. Probaly your travel agent would know which ships are better choices for older or more sedate crowds.

Archived