private excursion

shorjai

anybody know any website i can book private excursion?? i heard private exursion is so much cheaper than booking it on the carnival website...

St. Thomas

Dominica

Barbados

St. Lucia

Antiqua

St. Kitts

San Jaun

thanks

anybody know any website i can book private excursion?? i heard private exursion is so much cheaper than booking it on the carnival website...

St. Thomas

Dominica

Barbados

St. Lucia

Antiqua

St. Kitts

San Jaun

thanks

They are less cheaper and generally less crowded. Most of them are vetted on the ports of call boards. I wouldn't book any private excursions or "do it yourself" excursions that haven't been reviewed and vetted on those boards.

BUMP!!! anyone??

What the above posters are saying is there is no one site for every port to book thru.

The best is as they say to go to the ports of call and read the reviews and pick a private excursion and then go to that website for that port.

Dont understand why you are bumping this when you got the best answer already. If you didnt understand the replies, just ask.

Yes, he got the right info, now he has to do the research. For some reason I find posters want us to do all the work for them. Since we have no idea what types of activities he wants to book its best for him to hit the ports of call board and read reviews.

One question i think you have to ask yourself is: are you booking a tour or just transportation? If it is just transportation, you should find yourself very comfortable doing it yourself. To get some one right off the dock to drive you somewhere and pick you up has been no big deal for us. We just got back on 3/30 and did every excursion this way (beaches, shopping, dunn river falls, etc.). I did a lot of research on where i wanted to go so i could tell the driver to take to X. On the other hand, we are also going in June and we want to swim with the sting rays again in Grand Cayman. We are using a tour company again for this that was highly recommended. It includes both transporation, boat, guide, snorkel tours, etc. This is a lot more complicated than just getting a driver to take you somewhere.

As a short story, this last trip to Cozumel, we wanted to go to Punta Sur (southern most point). it is about 45 minutes each way and $20 per person. Your safety is that you only pay when you get back. We have had bad drivers before or ones that don't show up on time. Even this far out at Cozumel, our driver did not get paid until he took us back to the dock. But, if he had not shown up, there was no shortage of drivers waiting to take us back. Given that he had $120 plus tip waiting for him, he was not late.

Good luck and don't worry, be happy.

St. Thomas

Dominica

Barbados

St. Lucia

Antiqua

St. Kitts

San Jaun

thanks

Yes, they are cheaper. I recommend going to the Ports of Call board and check each port for suggestions.

In St. Thomas we have used Rumbaba Charters (http://www.rumbabacharters.com/index.htm ) and had a wonderful time...ate all day, had the most scrumptious Mahi Mahi that was grilled while we were snorkeling; in St. Lucia we toured with Cosol and again, ate all day long; In Antigua we went to the Grand Pineapple Resort for the day, for $50 a person we had use of chairs, food and an open bar all day; in St. Kitts we did the Nevis Sailaway and recommend that; in Barbados we did another catamaran snorkel thing with El Tigere: http://www.eltigrecruises.com/daycruises.htm. In Dominica we booked with Reyno I would not recommend and now can't remember who it was. Here's a link to my Destiny review where we sailed to Dominica, Barbados, Antigua and St. Lucia: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=29524

Just do research on the Ports of Call boards and you can't go wrong.

Archived