La Paz & "Evolutions" on Carnival Elation

AberAlex

Just booked a 6 day cruise on the Carnival Elation calling on Cabo San Lucas, Ensenada and La Paz. I've been to the first two on previous cruises but this will be my first time visiting La Paz and I'm curious if anyone has either sailed there before or visited and has any suggestions/recommendations as to tours or sites worth searching out.

PS: Been a while since I sailed on a "Fantasy Class" ship. I wasn't that impressed when I sailed on the Carnival Sensation almost 10 years ago but I've been reading that those ships have come a long way since the "evolutions of fun" enhancements started taking place. Anyone sailed on the Carnival Elation lately who could tell me what they thought of the ship or anyone know how far along she is in the process? Thanks!

Just booked a 6 day cruise on the Carnival Elation calling on Cabo San Lucas, Ensenada and La Paz. I've been to the first two on previous cruises but this will be my first time visiting La Paz and I'm curious if anyone has either sailed there before or visited and has any suggestions/recommendations as to tours or sites worth searching out.

PS: Been a while since I sailed on a "Fantasy Class" ship. I wasn't that impressed when I sailed on the Carnival Sensation almost 10 years ago but I've been reading that those ships have come a long way since the "evolutions of fun" enhancements started taking place. Anyone sailed on the Carnival Elation lately who could tell me what they thought of the ship or anyone know how far along she is in the process? Thanks!

The Elation does not have "evolutions of fun" yet:(

We have been to La Paz and just loved it. It is not a big tourist port, so there are not many excursions. We were even looking into the same cruise as you. If we do we will just take a taxi to a beach. The beaches are beautiful!!!

We were on the Elation last week and thought she looked great! They were constantly cleaning, painting, refinishing railings, etc, but no 'evolutions of fun' yet, probably not until next year. Check out the pics in my signature.

We were on the Elation last week and thought she looked great! They were constantly cleaning, painting, refinishing railings, etc, but no 'evolutions of fun' yet, probably not until next year. Check out the pics in my signature.

Cathy-

Thank you so much for the link to your vacation pictures! I also actually read your cruise review today and found it very informative. I can't wait to go and am glad to hear you had a great time!

The Elation does not have "evolutions of fun" yet:(

We have been to La Paz and just loved it. It is not a big tourist port, so there are not many excursions. We were even looking into the same cruise as you. If we do we will just take a taxi to a beach. The beaches are beautiful!!!

Will definitley check into the beach idea. Was thinking about the old city tour but should be short enough to find a nice bit of sand for an hour or two. If you guys are thinking about the cruise I would just say this is the only 6+ day cruise I can find for a fantasy class ship in the near future, looks like a great itenerary too. So if you're on the fence take that into consideration. Thanks for the advice, can't wait to experience La Paz!

Archived