ABC TV Network on the Mariner?

Record them--they won't be shown on the ship. The TV pickin's are slim... Some CBS sit-coms (repeats), lots of old movies, a news show or two, and lots and lots of RCI programming---tapes of Quest, the Marriage game, etc...

Don't plan on watching any current shows.

Unfortunately this hasn't prevented them from carrying FoxNews.

It's a good thing they don't make you watch it, then. :rolleyes:

What really disappoints me is that they only carry ESPN international. Pretty boring from an American standpoint unless you really like soccer. :)

Thanks for all of the great info! I have a DVR at home thru DirecTV. I will most definitely set it to record all my favorite shows while ago. It is a bummer that RCCL doesn't have better tv. Sometimes after a great day at the beach, it is fun to relax for hour and watch some good tv. I'm not into old shows from CBS!:p

Thanks for all of the great info! I have a DVR at home thru DirecTV. I will most definitely set it to record all my favorite shows while ago. It is a bummer that RCCL doesn't have better tv. Sometimes after a great day at the beach, it is fun to relax for hour and watch some good tv. I'm not into old shows from CBS!:p

Actually their TV selections are as good as or better than what you will find on most cruiselines and at least most of their ships have interactive TV, a feature not available on even the newest Princess ships. They do, depending on the itinerary carry TNT, USA and ESPN (either the US version or ESPN Deportes), Foxnews, CNN, Headline News, AMC, the Cartoon Network and show some free movies along with the pay per view offerings.:) For major sports events, they often carry the satellite feed and we have watched many NFL and MLB games in the sports bar or in our stateroom. It isn't quite the vast wasteland that some have described and while there aren't 100+ channels that you might have at home (and even with that many channels, how often are you unable to find anything worth watching?) there is at least some variety for those times when you may want to watch. For most of us those times are few and far between.;)

Can anyone tell me whether or not we are able to pick up ABC tv shows on the Mariner? Don't want to miss General Hospital or Grey's Anatomy!:)

OMG- those are my two must see's LOL!!!! I have been selectively deleting things from the DVR over the last few weeks to make sure I have plenty of room. My other fav, CSI NY is on-demand on my cable so I won't tape that one. Worst case scenario if you can't tape you can watch Grey's online when you get home. Not sure about GH. But I can't be missing a second of my Scrubs reconciliation LOL....

Archived