Hotel question

Depends on the port, the hotel & if we are hading home that day. Hotel parking is usually cheaper but I really hate the delay in getting back to the hotel & packing the car. When I disembark, I'm ready to hit the road and get home.

We have done both and prefer leaving our car at the motel & taking the shuttle.

Timewise for us was about the same and we saved the additional $$$ to park at the port.

We stayed at Country Inn & Suites but there are a number of motels in the area with the same package.....

Dianne

I WISH I could drive to a good port and park!!!! Baltimore and Norfolk don't go where I want to!

At least you have a port near you....Colorado Springs haven't spent the money to build a man made waterway to get me to an Ocean...Yet!!!:D

We booked the park and cruise package at Comfort Inn in Port Canaveral. Was a money thing for us. $112.00 total including taxes for the room, shuttle and parking versus $70 to park at the port plus cost of a room. Rooms seemed to be running $90 and up. It's a no brainer for us.

This time next week - I will be on my first cruise!!

We have only driven to a port once and we always try to go a day early. We chose to park at the hotel & took a shuttle to the port. We booked the shuttle ourselves (not a hotel shuttle). We were the only ones in it. The driver was in touch with the cruise terminal...when they were cleared to start boarding, he called us on our cell phone & came right over to get us. When we returned, he was waiting. I would have to look through my papers to remember the name of the shuttle...if you are interested let me know. Oh...and yes, this was at Port Canaveral.

Archived