Carnival Inspiration; 3 thru 7 April... a review

*Mach*

Ahhhhhh.....you are making it quite impossible to work today......you Pied Piper Man you.......;)

Thanks, Floatie!

I love cruising... It's in my blood, it's become part of my personality.

People ask me what is so great about cruising and I can tell them about the food, about the fun, about the accommodations, about the ports but I can't tell them about the sea.

Many people are stunned by the beauty of mountains and ya' know, I've flown over, driven around and been tempted by mountains but the sea makes mountains pale on comparison. The sea isn't static. The sea doesn't stare coldly at you and refuse to change. The sea responds to everything and everyone that touches it.

Like many friends here I hear Jimmy Buffett's words from 'A Pirate Looks as Forty' and just nod my head...

:)

Mach,

Great job on the review so far...I have not laughed so hard since the last "Host Cruise"...Splendor could be interesting to say the least, what with reading your review and knowing what Randy can get up to...:D

Thank you so much, Graham!!! What a pleasant surprise!!

Believe me, I'm REALLY looking forward to the Splendor!!! That's gonna be one for the books!!! And all I have to do is CRUISE!!!

:D

Ever the optimist. Thank you for your kind words... I needed them. How is your back now? (I am sure you will be asked this question MANY more times.) and how is "the rest of the story" coming along?

Please, don't worry about my back. I'm fine... Annoying as it can be it really was little more than a tragic/hilarious adjunct to a tremendous experience.

Looking back on it, I don't think I would have changed a thing...

Mach,

Wow,are you for real? Your cruise experience is my cruise experience as well. I was on there with you! Not really, but your words put me there! As I read, there is no mention of a cruise companion. Please tell me you have someone that is experiencing this with you! If there is and you actually speak the way you write...wow! Coniac and cigar in the cigar bar! I was on the Inspiration in 05 and spent alot of time at that bar, as everyone is very friendly and very talkative. Please keep this going, and when your done with the review, tell us another story :) ! You are quite amazing!

Thanks,

Lisa

Mach,

Wow,are you for real? Your cruise experience is my cruise experience as well. I was on there with you! Not really, but your words put me there! As I read, there is no mention of a cruise companion. Please tell me you have someone that is experiencing this with you! If there is and you actually speak the way you write...wow! Coniac and cigar in the cigar bar! I was on the Inspiration in 05 and spent alot of time at that bar, as everyone is very friendly and very talkative. Please keep this going, and when your done with the review, tell us another story :) ! You are quite amazing!

Thanks,

Lisa

Excuse me for a moment as I check my ID and pinch myself... Yep, real to the best of my knowledge...

Nope... no companion. I sail solo most of the time and enjoy it tremendously.

Chopin is a WONDERFUL spot! I was thrilled with it. It could have been a bit darker but fronting the Candlelight Lounge as it does it wouldn't make sense.

I've been trying to get to my review but have had no luck. It looks like I'll be spending another evening in front of the computer typing away. My poor little fingers are turning into nubs. At about 6500 words I'm nearly done in!! ;)

I have few stories that would be of interest here so, with your kind permission, I'll stick to 'reviews'...

Mach

Wish more people had your attitude.. your luggage was late, you fell and hurt your back and what did you do?? Get mad and let it ruin your cruise, no you went with the flow, that is the best way to go through life. Look how much more enjoyment you get out of it.

We go on the Inspiration for 2nd time in Sept and looking forward to seeing the updates.

Keep writing..

Mach,

I am loving you review thus far. Im new to the cruising world, and your review has be itching to go. I cant wait to read the rest.

I need to make more friends so I have people to harrass into cruising with me.

Awaiting the rest...:D

Pamela

Forgive me for not getting to your post earlier. Sometimes I intend to respond and then get stuck working... ;)

Welcome to Cruise Critic and welcome to our addiction. There is no cure and none is needed.

I'm thrilled that you're enjoying my narrative. The entire trip was wonderful.

Have your friends stop by and read Cruise Critic for a few days... They won't believe that so many folks can be so happy doing the same thing at the same time...

Mach

Wish more people had your attitude.. your luggage was late, you fell and hurt your back and what did you do?? Get mad and let it ruin your cruise, no you went with the flow, that is the best way to go through life. Look how much more enjoyment you get out of it.

We go on the Inspiration for 2nd time in Sept and looking forward to seeing the updates.

Keep writing..

I look at it like this... I could have elected to yell and scream about my luggage and pitied myself over my back or I could make the best of it. Had I decided to be a grouch the only person on the ship NOT having fun would have been me.

This way, at least, I was in the majority!!!

Great review. I can wait 'till our cruise on the Inspiration.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but it has been a few years since we did a 5 day cruise. What kind of dress codes for dinner - is it one formal and then what else?

Thanks!

Great review. I can wait 'till our cruise on the Inspiration.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but it has been a few years since we did a 5 day cruise. What kind of dress codes for dinner - is it one formal and then what else?

Thanks!

Hiya, Eydie!!

Yep, one formal night, the first full day as sea, and then the rest resort casual and I'm sure you know the drill there...

AHHHH - I've got to the end of the posts and anxiously waiting to read the next chapter of the review! lol

I just read your Margaritaville trip to my husband and he laughed! We plan on checking out Jimmy's place in each of our ports on our upcoming cruise - Cozumel (I will totally think of you and grin as I sip a Mojito - which I love), Grand Cayman, and Jamaica-mon! hehe

More, More - waiting for more!!

Thanks Mach!

AHHHH - I've got to the end of the posts and anxiously waiting to read the next chapter of the review! lol

I just read your Margaritaville trip to my husband and he laughed! We plan on checking out Jimmy's place in each of our ports on our upcoming cruise - Cozumel (I will totally think of you and grin as I sip a Mojito - which I love), Grand Cayman, and Jamaica-mon! hehe

More, More - waiting for more!!

Thanks Mach!

Ooooooo... that being the case you need to read this:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=33218

:D

Awesome Review!

I'm taking this cruise in October. I can't wait to see the capers and Camp Carnival information.

This will be my girls' first cruise and I would love to show them the camp information to get them excited.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your cruise.

I'll be getting to scanning stuff fairly quickly... Lots of folks were interested in the kids capers and I got 'em ALL!!!

I think I ended up with pretty much any material that was printed during my cruise!

:eek: :eek: Oh noooo...that means probably more pin trauma for me on Ecstasy..:(

I fear you're right, Floatie...

Some time ago I mentioned to John that even if there wasn't a past guest party that we past guests would still love to get the pins to add to our collections...

I'll be getting to scanning stuff fairly quickly... Lots of folks were interested in the kids capers and I got 'em ALL!!!

I think I ended up with pretty much any material that was printed during my cruise!

My daughter would be thrilled to see the Camp Carnival Capers!!

I am loving every minute of your review. You are such a wonderful writer. I feel like I'm cruising with you. :D Cheapest cruise yet.

My brother-in-law would like to know if you remember Mexican food on the buffet. Either the taste of nations or a late night offering.

Thanks again for all your time and effort.

Mach love the reviews. We sail on the Inspiration in a week and a half and can't wait. This will be our second time on the Inspiration. I can't wait to sit all the way at the back of the ship and watch the sun go down on the caribbean sea with an umbrella drink in hand. Can't wait to see all the upgrades.

Archived