Carnival Inspiration; 3 thru 7 April... a review

*Mach*

Thanks for the review Mach! I will be back on the Inspiration in just over 2 weeks. It will be my second since the refurb!!!

I have fallen in love with that ship! My 3rd go around overall.

Looking forward to pictures.

Thanks for the review Mach! I will be back on the Inspiration in just over 2 weeks. It will be my second since the refurb!!!

I have fallen in love with that ship! My 3rd go around overall.

Looking forward to pictures.

She really is a doll, isn't she? She was my first Carnival ship and I know I'll come back to her again and again.

Please tell Risa I said hi!!!

:)

She was my first Carnival cruise. I won't even consider another line anymore. The thought of being on another cruise ine and seeing a Carnival ship in port with us, I would instantly regret that!!

I really hope if she ever leaves Tampa that it isn't too far away.

Have become so accustomed to seeing her on my way to work every few days. I really feel like I am on 'my' ship when I board her.

MACH

I am sailing in 4 weeks with my kids on the newly refurbished and upgraded inspiration i am bringing my daughters they are first time cruisers personally i have never been on carnival cruise line i have been on princess 5 time and rccl 3 times, I am in sales and to take a whole week off work is a little difficult considering i just was on the crown princess out of san juan in jan 08 so this works out great for us, MACH was there a lot of things for 18 year olds to do at night time i can sit at a watering hole and enjoy people watching, your writing skills are amazing it was as if i was on this ship two weeks ago look forward to seeing the pictures, thak for the great review

How great for you!! You'll have a fabulous time on the Inspiration... great ship.

There will be plenty for the 18 years olds to do. I'll be posting all the Capers, the ones for Camp Carnival, Circle C and Club 02 as well as the 'standard' Capers this weekend so keep a weather eye out for that. You'll find all the activities listed there.

Thanks Mach!

If you look at the number of posts I am new here but felt compelled to tell you how much I have enjoyed your journey. We are going on our first cruise on the Holiday in October. My wife in the begining was anti-cruise. Now she is yes dearing me. I figure on that older boat if she enjoys it everything else will be the Taj-Mahal.

You are a great writer and I saw past the words to the visions you describe. That is artful. Thanks again for a great trip!

Chuck

Thanks Mach!

If you look at the number of posts I am new here but felt compelled to tell you how much I have enjoyed your journey. We are going on our first cruise on the Holiday in October. My wife in the begining was anti-cruise. Now she is yes dearing me. I figure on that older boat if she enjoys it everything else will be the Taj-Mahal.

You are a great writer and I saw past the words to the visions you describe. That is artful. Thanks again for a great trip!

Chuck

Thanks, Chuck for the very kind words and welcome to Cruise Critic. This is far and away the best site for information and discussion of all things cruising and here, in particular, all things Carnival.

I've read tons of reviews of the Holiday class ships and many, many people dearly love them. I've not had a chance to sail one and probably won't as they'll soon be gone from the inventory.

Please, get comfortable, stick around, ask questions and it will do nothing but enhance your voyage.

If there's anything I can help you with don't hesitate to drop me a note.

Mach

Mach,

Thanks so much for the fantastic review! I'm so sad it's over! Is it possible to get Post Cruise Depression from someone else's cruise?! LOL!!!

I can't wait to see the rest of the pics and to show them to the kiddos to get them psyched for our Inspiration trip in October...ONLY 171 days....doesn't THAT just seem like forever?!??!?

Thanks again Mach, your review ROCKED!!!!:D

Mach,

Thanks so much for the fantastic review! I'm so sad it's over! Is it possible to get Post Cruise Depression from someone else's cruise?! LOL!!!

I can't wait to see the rest of the pics and to show them to the kiddos to get them psyched for our Inspiration trip in October...ONLY 171 days....doesn't THAT just seem like forever?!??!?

Thanks again Mach, your review ROCKED!!!!:D

Hi, Debbie and thanks for taking the time to read. I started sorting out the pictures today and will do a bit more tonight and finish tomorrow... I'm testing a few sites that allow bulk uploading as my mouse would surely die of a heart attack from pointing and click on some 600 images.

Don't feel bad about your 171 days... I'm still 164 days out from my next adventure!!!

Thanks again...

164 days until I get another story?? I'll have to speak with your publisher about that...someone get this man back out there on a cruise ship...NO WAIT...what am I saying....someone get me out there!

Looking forward to your pics....

I was on the same cruise w/ Mach and I had the pleasure of meeting him and chatting with him for a few minutes. Hi MACH!

I took my grandson with me on this cruise also. He is 5 years old and a veteran cruiser. But those parents that want to know about the acitivites for younger crowd. My Grandson had a blast! He LOVED camp carnival. He wanted to go there every evening! I did let him eat dinner a few nights with his new friends, he enjoyed it and they eat from the same kids menu in the Dining Room. The Camp counselors were wonderful. We both enjoyed the Water Works. Yes, I did tip his Cc that were mostly were involved with him at the end of the cruise.

Happy cruising,

Susan

I was on the same cruise w/ Mach and I had the pleasure of meeting him and chatting with him for a few minutes. Hi MACH!

I took my grandson with me on this cruise also. He is 5 years old and a veteran cruiser. But those parents that want to know about the acitivites for younger crowd. My Grandson had a blast! He LOVED camp carnival. He wanted to go there every evening! I did let him eat dinner a few nights with his new friends, he enjoyed it and they eat from the same kids menu in the Dining Room. The Camp counselors were wonderful. We both enjoyed the Water Works. Yes, I did tip his Cc that were mostly were involved with him at the end of the cruise.

Happy cruising,

Susan

Hiya, Susan!!! :D It was great meeting you, as well! I'm amazed we never ran into each other again!!

I'm thrilled to hear that the little guy had a great time. That's one handsome young gentleman you have there!

Can't wait to get together again on the Blogger's Cruise!!!

164 days until I get another story?? I'll have to speak with your publisher about that...someone get this man back out there on a cruise ship...NO WAIT...what am I saying....someone get me out there!

Looking forward to your pics....

I will be thrilled to write another review ASAP... which ship are you sending me on?? ;)

I'll get the pics sorted out as soon as I can and get 'em up on the web for y'all...

Mach... I had to print out your reveiw from the review section, 'cause Mom isn't great on the comupter anymore... And I've read it to her. SHE LOVED IT!!! She's rereading it on her own...

Thank you!! I had to stop MANY times for her comments and laughter... "Oh I know that feeling..." "He did too." "I want a jacuzzi in our cabin." "The 'Scots are great." and so on... I don't know how many more cruises she can take... :( but she very much enjoys the reviews and reports!

I look forward to photos and the comments to tag them! Your words are captivating and bring us right into the story with you. I hope little stories acompany the shots you post... maybe too time consuming, but each of us will eagerly read them if you do!!! :)

Thanks for Mom's smile and laughter!!!

Mach... I had to print out your reveiw from the review section, 'cause Mom isn't great on the comupter anymore... And I've read it to her. SHE LOVED IT!!! She's rereading it on her own...

Thank you!! I had to stop MANY times for her comments and laughter... "Oh I know that feeling..." "He did too." "I want a jacuzzi in our cabin." "The 'Scots are great." and so on... I don't know how many more cruises she can take... :( but she very much enjoys the reviews and reports!

I look forward to photos and the comments to tag them! Your words are captivating and bring us right into the story with you. I hope little stories acompany the shots you post... maybe too time consuming, but each of us will eagerly read them if you do!!! :)

Thanks for Mom's smile and laughter!!!

Thanks, Lambie! I'm thrilled that your mom enjoyed it so much! That makes all the time worth while!!

Thanks again!!

Mach,

Sooooo enjoying your review!!!:) We sailrd the Inspiration last Christmas, our kids first, with our friends that live in Tampa. She will always have a very special place in my heart.

You may have already covered this, but if so I apologize,did you have Babu or George the greek as your matri'de? I ask because we had George and he won a very special place in all of our hearts. We ladies especially loved hearing him talk, and he did a wonderful job accomodating our large group of 11.

When are you cruising again? I look forward to your next review!:D :D

Mach,

Sooooo enjoying your review!!!:) We sailrd the Inspiration last Christmas, our kids first, with our friends that live in Tampa. She will always have a very special place in my heart.

You may have already covered this, but if so I apologize,did you have Babu or George the greek as your matri'de? I ask because we had George and he won a very special place in all of our hearts. We ladies especially loved hearing him talk, and he did a wonderful job accomodating our large group of 11.

When are you cruising again? I look forward to your next review!:D :D

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings. I really appreciate it when folks take their valuable time to read my reviews.

I had Babu, nice guy, posed with the 'scots and did everything right but just not quite the personality that George the Greek is. I met George in the cigar bar, Chopin Lounge, and we had quite a nice chat. I'm convinced that he missed his calling. He should have been a cruise director. OPA!!! :D

Sadly, I'm not sailing until the end of September and then again November. As of now, I'm sailing four times in '09 three of which are Cruise Critic group cruises. I'm hosting two of those three so there will be plenty of adventures for me to write about.

Thanks again!

Mach

Hi Mach,

Thanks so much for your review. I have had such fun reading it and now feel that I am at least aquainted with the Inspiration. My family and I are cruising for the first time 5/19 on the Inspiration and I've been looking for the detail that your review provided. We are booked in adjoining OV rooms, so I won't have the luxury that your room provided, but I'm not planning on staying in there much anyway. Thanks again for the review and will be looking for the pics and capers.

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings. I really appreciate it when folks take their valuable time to read my reviews.

I had Babu, nice guy, posed with the 'scots and did everything right but just not quite the personality that George the Greek is. I met George in the cigar bar, Chopin Lounge, and we had quite a nice chat. I'm convinced that he missed his calling. He should have been a cruise director. OPA!!! :D

Sadly, I'm not sailing until the end of September and then again November. As of now, I'm sailing four times in '09 three of which are Cruise Critic group cruises. I'm hosting two of those three so there will be plenty of adventures for me to write about.

Thanks again!

Mach

Mach. Thanks so much for sharing your latest cruise experiences here on this forum. Your gift of writing prowess is phenominal giving the reader the illusion of actually being there on your cruise with you. I think you should seriously consider writing a book, perhaps about your cruising experiences. You HAVE what it takes in print IMO. BTW I noticed an earlier post referring to the USAF flight school, is that where your handle "MACH" came from? Perhaps a fellow ex USAF pilot?

Thanks again

Mach,

I do not know which I enjoyed most, getting to chat with you in person or reliving the cruise through your words.

Regards,

Thanks, Jeff! It was a great pleasure meeting you, as well!! Lots of fun!

Also, thanks for taking the time to read my review. I appreciate it greatly.

Hi Mach,

Thanks so much for your review. I have had such fun reading it and now feel that I am at least aquainted with the Inspiration. My family and I are cruising for the first time 5/19 on the Inspiration and I've been looking for the detail that your review provided. We are booked in adjoining OV rooms, so I won't have the luxury that your room provided, but I'm not planning on staying in there much anyway. Thanks again for the review and will be looking for the pics and capers.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read. You and your family will have a fantastic time on the Inspiration. She was my first Carnival ship and I look forward to sailing on her many times in the future.

Look for the Capers soon!

• 1 month later...

Host Mach, noting back to your comments about the cigar bar and picturs of Muhamed Ali. Way back in the 1970's I worked at Channel 7 in Miami in the newsroom as a gofer. We had Cassius Clay there for an interview. I went to the lobby to bring him back to the newsroom and greeted him with a friendly little "punch" to the arm. The man scowled at me. I thought I was dead! Wrong move.

Archived