Carnival Inspiration; 3 thru 7 April... a review

*Mach*

Thanks for taking the time to recount your adventures. They are very enjoyable and humourous. We head out on the Inspiration to Cozumel on the 17th.(2 more days) Can't wait. We ae excited to see the new upgrades. Presently we are chilling in Port Canerval. We have sailed the Fantasy and Glory two times each in the past, but decided to try something different for a change. Thanks again and I am glad I came across your posts before our cruise.

Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad that you enjoyed my review and even more glad that you'll be sailing in just a few days!

Here's a panoramic pic of the Water Works area. Click on it to see a larger image:

th_Waterworksresized.jpg

If your browser opens in a smaller window resize it to full for the best view.

I fear you're right, Floatie...

Some time ago I mentioned to John that even if there wasn't a past guest party that we past guests would still love to get the pins to add to our collections...

:confused: :confused: This is something that I've always found curious.....Sometime's we've gotten our past guest pins in our cabins along with the invite to the past guest party and sometimes we don't get them unless we go to the past guest party???? I wonder why the difference???

In Cozumel, I took the Tulum tour... which took most of my time. After almost getting heatstroke, I got back to the ferry and back to Cozumel, where I booked it to Margaritaville.. got a margarita.. which during the consumption I coughed some of it back up.. not fun ;) Still.. good times.

good luck in your quest!

We have been to Tulum twice and would go again - we love it. I'd really like to visit Chichen Itza.

As for Margaritaville - I will definitely collect something from each one - oh, and of course my tummy will collect the wonderful Margaritas! hehe!

Thanks, Scar!

Please do!!! That's all this is... a compilation of my notes and jottings about my days on the Inspiration!!!

Sadly, I don't think I have the capability to write a 'review'... this was lovely... that was terrible... it looked like a ship... Every time I start one of these it turns into travel video.

I'm a terrible writer. If I had any skill I could control my topic but as it is my topic controls me...

:(

Are you kidding? Your writing has taken back on the Inspiration - so visual! Love it! That's a great writer!

Love your review. I also love the Inspiration. Did you happen to meet George the Greek? He is the best Maitre D' around.

George was our Maitre D' on both our Inspiration sailings!! OPA!! We just loved him - he always came to our table each night!!

:confused: :confused: This is something that I've always found curious.....Sometime's we've gotten our past guest pins in our cabins along with the invite to the past guest party and sometimes we don't get them unless we go to the past guest party???? I wonder why the difference???

Seems they are stingy on the Inspiration with the pins. We did not get one with our invite to the past guest party, (We were on a 7 day sailing.) I don't remember who we asked, but we did, and the next day two pins were in our room.

You bet!! Let me toss a few out there for you:

cabin4.jpg

cabin3.jpg

cabin1.jpg

balcony.jpg

brasserie.jpg

The last photo is the Brasserie... the restaurant at the aft end of the Lido Deck.

Great review Mach but I have to ask ~ What did you do with all your stuff? That is the cleanest (occupied) cabin I've ever seen!

Great review Mach but I have to ask ~ What did you do with all your stuff? That is the cleanest (occupied) cabin I've ever seen!

Well, it's just me... I cruise solo and those walk in closets are MASSIVE so it's real easy to keep my cabin neat...

That and the rest of the stuff I just toss under the bed...

:D

Well, it's just me... I cruise solo and those walk in closets are MASSIVE so it's real easy to keep my cabin neat...

Solo?? What about the Scots? You didn't stuff them under the bed did ya??:eek: Lol! Really enjoyed reading your review Mach!:)

Solo?? What about the Scots? You didn't stuff them under the bed did ya??:eek: Lol! Really enjoyed reading your review Mach!:)

NO WAY!!! Believe me, (listen up, fellas...) if you want attentnion from the ladies bring the 'scots along!!! The girls LOVE 'em!!!

We have been to Tulum twice and would go again - we love it. I'd really like to visit Chichen Itza.

As for Margaritaville - I will definitely collect something from each one - oh, and of course my tummy will collect the wonderful Margaritas! hehe!

Thanks, Scar!

If you liked Tulum ----next time go inland from there to Coba (1/2 hr. more) ---really neat site ---undervisited, highest pyramid in the Yucatan, jungle trails, etc....-plus walking by vegetation-covered large mounds --you know that there are no natural hills there ---so you are "seeing" new remians yet to be uncovered !!!

WALK IN CLOSETS??? WOW!!!

And stuff under the bed... yep... in our little cabins... that's all we get... Down there ... in our OVs... :rolleyes:

You've spoiled me with these photos and your reveiw... I can't imagine what I'm going to feel like in an OV in September?? :( BUT I'm a trooper... I'll survive and LOVE every minute of it!!! :D

Just preference of the cruise director, I suspect... I prefer to get them before but it really doesn't matter as long as I get 'em!!!

Thanks for the great read!!!I can't wait!! Can we see a pic of you on the cruise Mach?:D

Ya' know... I don't have a single one. I tried takin' my own picture holding the camera at arms length but all I got was a rather askew shot of Cap'n Crazie's right arm.

I never thought to ask anyone to take a picture of me with the 'scots... Too much of a documentarian, I guess...

:confused:

Maybe next time....Thanks again for sharing your vacation with us!

I'm not quite done... I still have the last half of the last sea day and debark... I hope I'll get it posted this evening if I can get through the mountain of email I have to answer...

:)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Mach! I can't wait to get on board in January! :D

PS - During the refurb, did they switch the door locks to be able to be opened with the S&S card and put in safes with a card swipe lock instead of the keypad?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Mach! I can't wait to get on board in January! :D

PS - During the refurb, did they switch the door locks to be able to be opened with the S&S card and put in safes with a card swipe lock instead of the keypad?

Yep... they sure did. You use your Sail and Sign card for the door and any old card with a magnetic stripe for the safe. Worked, as always, like a champ!!!

Thank you for such an entertaining review. I am enjoying every post! I have a few quick questions for you.

1. What's the story with the mascots you have traveling with you? I'm not new to cruisecritic but I must have missed this one. I thought they were people traveling with you and now I realize, from the picture, that they are "little" stuffed people?

2. The Category 12 cabin you are in is beautiful! Is this the only cabin that size are is this one of many? I get confused with the cat 11 and 12s on these size ships.

We sail the Inspiration on 8/2.....we can't wait...especially after this review. And the CD really makes the cruise too! I sure hope Risa is still there in August!

Thank you again Mach!

Archived