Coastline in sight on LA-Vancouver repo cruise?

SakeDad

I concur, if you are on the starboard side you may see a little coastline but not much until you enter the Strait of Jaun de Fucia, however from that point you should see a lot of the Olympic Peninsula, the San Juan Islands and the Gulf Islands.

I concur, if you are on the starboard side you may see a little coastline but not much until you enter the Strait of Jaun de Fucia, however from that point you should see a lot of the Olympic Peninsula, the San Juan Islands and the Gulf Islands.

If we are supposed to be in Vancouver at 8am when do you think the "scenic" route will start? I'll order room service coffee and be on my balcony as it does!:D

If we are supposed to be in Vancouver at 8am when do you think the "scenic" route will start? I'll order room service coffee and be on my balcony as it does!:D

Our sunrise today way 6:24 by the end of the month I would guess first light on the water will be about 5:30 to 5:45.....don't wake me, I've seen it all to many times.;)

The Juan de Fuca Strait & Gulf Island part of the cruise is all too often at night.:(

Two years ago we sailed from San Diego to Vancouver via San Francisco, on the Oosterdam. After SF we hit force 11 winds which slowed us down so much that we were half a day late. Guess what? We sailed through the beautiful Strait of Juan de Fuca & the Gulf Islands in daylight.:) We were out in the blast of the wind all morning & loving every minute. It was a real bonus. We were the only happy people on the ship as many would be missing their flights.

I would say, get up early & enjoy it. Before that, there is only the distant glimpse of land.

Graham.

Archived