Freedom going to Port Canaveral?

Did I read on here that Freedom is going to Port Canaveral in 2009? Anyone know when or what itinerary? Are we thinking alternating Eastern/Western like the Mariner does/used to do (I see it's now going to LA).

We're booking AOS for 2-1-09 - but if Freedom is going to Port Canaveral, we may hold out and book something on there.

Also - if we are booked on AOS and decide to go for the Freedom intinerary, can we just call RCCL and have it switched without actually having to cancel?

Thanks

Did I read on here that Freedom is going to Port Canaveral in 2009? Anyone know when or what itinerary? Are we thinking alternating Eastern/Western like the Mariner does/used to do (I see it's now going to LA).

We're booking AOS for 2-1-09 - but if Freedom is going to Port Canaveral, we may hold out and book something on there.

Also - if we are booked on AOS and decide to go for the Freedom intinerary, can we just call RCCL and have it switched without actually having to cancel?

Thanks

Yes, she is :D !!!!!! I was so excited when I heard, Port Canaveral is only a 5 1/2 hour drive for us so it's our homeport. I hate to see Mariner leave but I will definitely welcome Freedom! I'm booking as soon as the dates come out. I feel sure she will continue the 7 day Eastern/Western.

I woud call RC direct. I am planning a cruise from LA down thru Mexico for spring of 2009. Mariner will start that Itinerary on February 22, 2009. So they must be bringing in Freedom in February, otherwise they will lose a lot of business here in Florida with the snowbirds!!!!

I want to book a family cruise for next May on either the Liberty or Freedom. Am I correct in that Liberty leaves on Saturday and Freedom leaves on Sunday? Do you think that they will both continue the same itinerary when Freedom moves to Port Canaveral? Do you think they will jack the price of Freedom up since it will be moving to Port Canaveral? Thanks for any information. Wanda

will they really leave a port that size without a "big" ship for that long a period of time? i know if that was my vacation "window" it would mean me not cruising for vacation next year, port canavaral is about the limit i am willing to drive (8 hrs from myrtle beach sc) and air fare would prob be out of our budget...kinda sucks for a lot of people if they do

That's the way I'm looking at it, and unfortunately they're leaving TOO big a window for my liking. Finding a cruise for spring break 2009 won't be fun or easy! Door to door PC is 13 hours - I could do without that extra drive to Ft Laud or Miami (not to mention that I HATE the Miami port).

will they really leave a port that size without a "big" ship for that long a period of time? i know if that was my vacation "window" it would mean me not cruising for vacation next year, port canavaral is about the limit i am willing to drive (8 hrs from myrtle beach sc) and air fare would prob be out of our budget...kinda sucks for a lot of people if they do

Archived