Queen Victoria- Britannia Dining- Upper or Lower?

Rbel4

I noted that the Cunard Voyage Personalizer allows you to request the upper level in the Britannia dining room. Any observations or recommendations on whether we should do this? What are pros and cons to being on the upper level? Thanks

I noted that the Cunard Voyage Personalizer allows you to request the upper level in the Britannia dining room. Any observations or recommendations on whether we should do this? What are pros and cons to being on the upper level? Thanks

I would choose the lower level. I read in one review that the waiters have allot further to walk to get to the kitchen on the upper level compared to the lower level. This could mean your food will have less chance of being cold on the lower level. Just a thought.

i had a lower level table on this ship on a 16 day cruise i sent the dinner meal back 15 times for being cold not even warm. the service i found to be slow very slow if i sat down to dine at 6 the first course would not arrive until 7. i would reccemend lower level stern or starboard side for the good views out of the windows. upper level is like eating in a goldfish bowl as people are walking the deck outside of of windows looking in. i would not reccemend port side tables on either level as this is where the galley doors are and dozens of waiters are in and out all the time like eating a meal in the middle of a motorway

Hi,

just had a look on the voyage personaliser and couldn't find any way of expressing a preference for upper or lower level in the Britannia. I'm UK based - do you think it's possible that this facility is restricted to the US site?

Jimmy

Hiya Cruachan! I`m just looking at the Cunard Boards to torment myself for not booking on QV. We`re going on a river cruise this year. I`ll be looking for reviews of pros and cons re Queen Vic! Och! Why didnt we go Cunard again this year! D`oh!

Yo N-S,

how's it going. I guess you won't be troubled by the tinkling of the crystal chandeliers in your stateroom on the river cruise. Still, cheer up, there's an up side to everything - you won't have so far to walk to the bathroom.

Rely on it - I'll be posting lots of info about Mrs Brown on return. Who knows - if the finances hold up and I can afford the internet time, I might even manage to do some "live" posts.

All the best,

Jimmy

Thats a good point Jimmy. My only new concern is the size of the staff accomodation. Will we be able to bring Cook as well as my maid and Paul`s valet? I do like to have familiar food from time to time.

The dress code is less worrying but still complex as to actual meaning. It looks like dress shorts might be possible for the Captain`s dinner.Hhmmm.......

Anyway enjoy your cruise.

Jane

Archived