? about dd's friend

wvanative

My daughter is wanting me to take one of her friends along (both are 16), she will be traveling with BC and Drivers License. The thing is, her grandparents are her legal guardian and not listed on her Birth Certificate. what Do I need to do to make sure that things go as smooth as possible.(notarized letter giving us permission to take her, medical power of attorney, etc)

thanks

My daughter is wanting me to take one of her friends along (both are 16), she will be traveling with BC and Drivers License. The thing is, her grandparents are her legal guardian and not listed on her Birth Certificate. what Do I need to do to make sure that things go as smooth as possible.(notarized letter giving us permission to take her, medical power of attorney, etc)

thanks

Call Carnival direct. Are the parents completely out of the picture? I'm afraid to ask what happened.

Type a letter that gives you permission to take her, put the dates, list all of the ports, and state that you have the authority to sign for any and all medical treatment. Get it notorized and you are good to go. I have done this on a prev. cruise and will be doing it again on the upcoming cruise. One other thing, get a copy of her ins. card as well..just in case.

thanks for quick replies, to answer one question, her mother has passed away and I wont talk about her father, now the main question is, since her last name is not the same as theirs and her identification and BC will be different than their names, do I need anything special stating that they are legal guardians? Don,t want any surprises when we get to the ship.

Did this in December with my daughters friend.... got a notarized letter for permission and medical.... copy of the guardianship papers and I brought a notarized letter from her social worker.... didn't get asked for any of it but was better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it....

thanks for quick replies, to answer one question, her mother has passed away and I wont talk about her father, now the main question is, since her last name is not the same as theirs and her identification and BC will be different than their names, do I need anything special stating that they are legal guardians? Don,t want any surprises when we get to the ship.

Sorry for her loss... kinda thought that was the case. I think all the advice here is great. The only thing I would do different is ask Carnival direct and ask a lawyer friend... I am neither and would hate the outcome if you needed anything else. Bottom line is take everything you can get your hands on... plus a lot of patience - lol - you will need that with 2 16yo's anyway.

I'm taking my daughter's BF who is 18. I'm assuming I don't need anything special.

I would be taking some serious medication for the headaches - I say that as a parent of a 19yo daughter.

An adult does not need anything from their parents. There was a thread about some 18yo wanting to know if he had a note from his parents would Carnival allow him to drink.... uh NO... but most ports that is true.

I'm taking my daughter's BF who is 18. I'm assuming I don't need anything special.

If you are booking two cabins (one for you and your DH/SO and one for DD and BF) make sure that DH/SO and BF are in one cabin and you and DD are in the other. You wouldn't want DD and her BF denied boarding because there is no 25 year old in the cabin.

Carnival did allow minors to be in one cabin and adults in one til this past week and now it is back to the old way. Must have someone 25 in each cabin on paper anyway.(that was as long as they were side by side) At age 18 you no longer need a parental consent form per Carnival also.

not to go off topic but I have a question about bringing your kid's friends with you...Does the friend pay her own way? With the cost of airfare and the cruise plus spending money I would think that is really expensive. I have a 11 and 12 year old who haven't asked to bring friends yet but I am sure in the next few years the subject will come up.

Carnival did allow minors to be in one cabin and adults in one til this past week and now it is back to the old way. Must have someone 25 in each cabin on paper anyway.(that was as long as they were side by side) At age 18 you no longer need a parental consent form per Carnival also.

I just booked 2 cabins this past weekend - put my Mom and I in a suite and my teenage daughters across the hall in an inside. But they did ask if the children were both mine. Guess if they're not, then an adult has to be with them....

We took the son's GF with us 2 weeks ago on the Fantasy and when we went through Customs getting off the ship they asked for a letter stating we had permission to take her out of the US. After informing them that she was 18 he asked for her Photo ID and Birth Certificate. Then he asked her a couple of questions. He said she looked like she was a alot younger than 18. So it comes down to who and what mood they are in when you walk through.

Archived