A Wonderful Time on the Galaxy!!

Desertbelle

We just returned from our cruise on the Galaxy and we had a wonderful time.

A hex on all those people who had me worried about the Galaxy. She's a beautiful ship and very well maintained and clean. She's showing some age, but I have no doubt the dry docking with take care of those minor issues.

The staff were wonderful, as usual. As a plus, the staff and crew were in excellent spirits due to the fact that many were going home after this cruise or getting a nice vacation. Our assistant waiter, Tommy, who was perfect in every way, was especially excited about going home, his wife is due to have twins in a few months.

The new martini menu was amazing. So many new martinis. My new personal favorite is the Raspberry Lemonade....it was made best in the Martini bar, but most of the bars made it good. The Martini Flight is offered all the time now and they have changed the line up and now the flight is served in little tiny martini glasses on a tray, so cute and so fun!

I thought the food was very good. The soups outstanding. There were a few items not to my liking, but that was a personal thing, not that that item of food was bad or ill prepared, just not to my taste. We were shocked to see the large size of the lobster tails, easily twice the size we have had before, and the lobster was actually prepared very well.

As in keeping with Celebrity's standards, port days were handled extremely well. I don't know how they do it, but when you exit or return to the ship, it doesn't seem like there are 2000 other people trying to do the same thing as you.

Being such a port intensive cruise, we didn't have a lot of time to enjoy the ship, we missed having more sea days, but only just a little! :)

I would be happy to answer any questions folks might have.

Hi Margie,:) welcome home (though I am sure you would prefer

to be back on the ship;) )

Glad you had a great time:D. Did you meet Victoria and Eduardo?

Brother and Sister and both terrific people!

I guess the ship is in Freeport now...or on the way to Freeport.

I know that is where she is going through drydock.

Again, glad you had such a wonderful cruise:)

Thanks, Margie! Galaxy is one of our favorite ships, and it's nice to hear that it's still got it goin' on!:D

You'll have to enjoy it for the last time this year, though. Just heard onboard this week that Galaxy was sold to a German cruise company. That's apparently part of the reason for the dry-dock and refurb this month - they want to spruce it up a bit before they sell it off.

A hex on all those people who had me worried about the Galaxy. She's a beautiful ship and very well maintained and clean. She's showing some age, but I have no doubt the dry docking with take care of those minor issues.

I would be happy to answer any questions folks might have.

Thanks Margie:

We'll be on board right after the make over for a B2B on the Transatlantic and Eastern Mediterranean and are now looking towards a grand voyage.. Could you post the names of the:

Captain:

Cruise Director:

Hotel Director:

Captain's Club Host(ess):

This is as of April 8, 2008:

Captain: New Captain as of 4/8. The current captain was the former #2.

Cruise Director: Dottie (new to X as of 3/27 and will be going to Azamara)

Hotel Director: Damien O'Connor

Captain's Club Host(ess): Wes

It's nice to see many others agree that their cruise was excellent on the Galaxy. I couldn't agree more with: "A hex on all those people who had me worried about the Galaxy. She's a beautiful ship and very well maintained and clean. She's showing some age, but I have no doubt the dry docking with take care of those minor issues."

You'll have to enjoy it for the last time this year, though. Just heard onboard this week that Galaxy was sold to a German cruise company. That's apparently part of the reason for the dry-dock and refurb this month - they want to spruce it up a bit before they sell it off.

The dry dock was scheduled long before the "sale" which is really only a re-deployment to a sister company but still part of RCI.

I believe she is leaving the fleet after the Caribbean Season

of 2009. She has itineraries all this year and up till the end

of April 2009.

Archived