ever gotten a family suite?

kornuttle

i wanted to hear experiences with a family stateroom. was it worth it and would you want to do this again? what ship were you on? thanks in advance!

I do not know if this qualifies as a family suite but we were on the NCL Dawn in an AB Penthouse suite that was perfect for our family (DW,DS 12, DD 9, and I). It was about 575 sq. feet with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living dining area, balcony. The master bedroom and bathroom was incredible and included a jacuzzi tub and a separate walk-in shower with 4 shower heads. The Penthouse also included VIP treatment which included a butler to handle dining needs in the cabin (hot breakfast each morning) and any other in-suite dining from any restaurant on board. The concierge made all of our dining reservations ( NCL has freestyle dining with 10 dining rooms) on the ship, gave us priority tendering and debarkation.

It was a great suite, great cruise, and we have stayed in the same suite since with another great experience.

As Jim stated (good to see you again Jim!!!), the AB Penthouse on NCL Dawn is THE BEST!!! Link to many pics in my signature. Since we sailed in the AB for the first time in 2005, we won't settle for anything less. We sailed in an AB again on the Dawn last June and we're going again in 7 weeks! Is it worth it? YES!!! Would we do it again?? A resounding YES!!!! Even if the extra perks were taken away, we'd still do it. With the kids having their own space and we having ours, it's wonderful!

NOT worth it. Only about 275 sq. ft. Tight fit for 5. We will do 2 interiors next time we cruise. (FS was WAY more than 2 interiors).

MIL stayed in 1 BR, w/ adult son/GF on pull out couch. Wouldn't really work for 5. Nice cabin, HUGE balcony, HUGE bathrooms...but I'm sure it wasn't worth $20K or so (ours was around $10K...this is over Xmas)

We are not the type of people that spend any amount of time in a room anywhere (rooms are for sleeping, showering &;) ). So interiors suit us fine. We did get an upgrade to exterior on first cruise.

We've done several cruises in the AB rooms on the Dawn and love them also. Our favorite rooms. But we also did a a cruise to Hawaii on the Legend of the Seas and had a family suite on that which was very nice. Two bedrooms and a pullout couch in the living room for two. We would do that again also.

We had a Family Suite on the Adventure of the Seas with 3 adults in the room. 2 Adults & 2-3 Kids would be OK. We kind of missed having a balcony. It had plenty of room for us. The separate sleeping area with the bunk beds worked out good for my girlfriend, who sailing with my husband & I. The couch could used for a 3rd child.

As Jim stated (good to see you again Jim!!!), the AB Penthouse on NCL Dawn is THE BEST!!! Link to many pics in my signature. Since we sailed in the AB for the first time in 2005, we won't settle for anything less. We sailed in an AB again on the Dawn last June and we're going again in 7 weeks! Is it worth it? YES!!! Would we do it again?? A resounding YES!!!! Even if the extra perks were taken away, we'd still do it. With the kids having their own space and we having ours, it's wonderful!

Hi There 2Cruise4Ever! Good to see you too. I see that you are back on the Dawn again. We are on the Dream in about 3 weeks and are going to try Carnival again this summer. Next year we are back on the Spirit.

Take Care and have a great cruise!

Archived