Triumph's 6B Category-Panorama Deck

Skyev21

ahhh- there is a huge difference between a modified cabin and a true accessible cabin. Modified cabins-- there are quite a few of them and not a lot of HC cabins.

I thought you said you posted 4 people to one of those handicapped cabins on the front-- they only hold 2 people.

I dont see any true handicapped cabins that hold 4 people.

sky= read that you wanted a balcony-- you will have that deck outside your window as your balcony. Not many people know its there

Thanks !Do u have any pics so share of the room, balcony, :) etc?

Thanks !Do u have any pics so share of the room, balcony, :) etc?

I do :) Attached pic is of the deck. The window you see is for room 1004 (port side of ship). This would give you an idea of what would be outside of room 1003.

This was taken at sail away... proof positive to what serene said... not many folks know this area exists.

BTW... 2nd pic is of the inside of 1002.

Joe

I do :) Attached pic is of the deck. The window you see is for room 1004 (port side of ship). This would give you an idea of what would be outside of room 1003.

This was taken at sail away... proof positive to what serene said... not many folks know this area exists.

BTW... 2nd pic is of the inside of 1002.

Joe

Thanks Joe.

Is that pic the width of the room tho? Kinda looks small. I don't wanna feel claustrophobic. Very cute family, by the way.

Thanks Joe.

Is that pic the width of the room tho? Kinda looks small. I don't wanna feel claustrophobic. Very cute family, by the way.

A regular balcony cabin would be the same size as a regular OV, including the balcony, so the cabin part would be quite a bit smaller than a OV. If you love your balconys you should have no problem in a oversized handicapped OV.

I am so sad to read this thread. As someone whose husbands needs a wheelchair assessable room to even travel at all, I can tell you first hand that people will not be moved. Threads like these just encourage people to try to "beat the system" to get these rooms. I am sure everyone can write == I will move if they need it but you be the first people to complain if you were moved.

Joesmooga I think what you are doing is creating a cancellation that is putting this room back into general circulation by removing it from the special needs inventory. By doing this and then calling your TA to complete the loop is just plain selfish.

Please do not take these rooms away from people who need them. For some people -- this is their one small enjoyment left in life.

Hebe: Having moved a person out of a handicapped cabin cat 6B and moved down to a regular cat 6B I know that it does happen. But from reading these boards--more HC people ae told there are no cabins available. So I would have to agree with you. I think Cruiselines should be accountable for those rooms and should hold them until the last possible minute.

An able bodied person should not be able to book these cabins 6 months to a year ahead of time.

I am so sad to read this thread. As someone whose husbands needs a wheelchair assessable room to even travel at all, I can tell you first hand that people will not be moved. Threads like these just encourage people to try to "beat the system" to get these rooms. I am sure everyone can write == I will move if they need it but you be the first people to complain if you were moved.

Joesmooga I think what you are doing is creating a cancellation that is putting this room back into general circulation by removing it from the special needs inventory. By doing this and then calling your TA to complete the loop is just plain selfish.

Please do not take these rooms away from people who need them. For some people -- this is their one small enjoyment left in life.

I can assure u that this was offered to us, as it was the only OV available & didn't know about it being HC until after I read it here.

I'd rather have had the balcony but unfortunately they were all booked (a month ago, at time of purchase). So, this was my other option or go with an inside cabin.

Now knowing this (as Joe's stated previously) should someone need it with a handicap, I'm SURE we'll get bumped out of it. OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!

You are incorrect, as for the reason I wrote this thread was to ask for more info regarding this cabin, NOT to 'beat this system' as u assumed.

I can assure u that this was offered to us, as it was the only OV available & didn't know about it being HC until after I read it here.

I'd rather have had the balcony but unfortunately they were all booked (a month ago, at time of purchase). So, this was my other option or go with an inside cabin.

Now knowing this (as Joe's stated previously) should someone need it with a handicap, I'm SURE we'll get bumped out of it. OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!

You are incorrect, as for the reason I wrote this thread was to ask for more info regarding this cabin, NOT to 'beat this system' as u assumed.

Sky, I don't think Hebe's post was pertaining to you. I think it was toward Joe who said opening he books HC rooms and willl continue to do so. He was also the one who was giving instructions on how to 'beat the system' not you.

You booked late notice. At that time no HC person booked this cabin so I assume it was given to you. At 6 weeks prior to sailing any remaining HC cabins are open to anyone.

I still hope your balcony WL opens up as you obviously want a balcony.

Enjoy your cruise.

Linda

Sky, I don't think Hebe's post was pertaining to you. I think it was toward Joe who said opening he books HC rooms and willl continue to do so. He was also the one who was giving instructions on how to 'beat the system' not you.

You booked late notice. At that time no HC person booked this cabin so I assume it was given to you. At 6 weeks prior to sailing any remaining HC cabins are open to anyone.

I still hope your balcony WL opens up as you obviously want a balcony.

Enjoy your cruise.

Linda

I guess that's why they gave it to us? Be nice to Joe guys, as he's been VERY helpful to me answering ALL my questions. And he DID say that he's been bumped out of it for his upcoming cruise because there was a need for it. If no one takes it, it's fair game for anyone.

If any HC person has a balcony, I'll trade u!!!

I just don't like people attacking others, just for asking a question.

That's NOT why I started these posts to begin with.

Just finished packing & just waiting... patiently! yeah, right! lol!

Bon Voyage!

I guess that's why they gave it to us? Be nice to Joe guys, as he's been VERY helpful to me answering ALL my questions.

He may have been helpful to you but not to any Handicapped person. Anyone who knowingly books a HC cabin just to get more room is wrong.

And he DID say that he's been bumped out of it for his upcoming cruise because there was a need for it.

I should hope so. He never should have booked it to begin with.

If no one takes it, it's fair game for anyone.

This is only the case if it is 6 weeks or less before departure. Joe is booking HC cabins months before departure.

If any HC person has a balcony, I'll trade u!!!

Go to the pursers desk once you get on board. Tell them you are in a HC cabin and not 'in need'. You never know they may be able to switch you with someone in a balcony.

I just don't like people attacking others, just for asking a question.

That's NOT why I started these posts to begin with.

Yes, I agree. You are asking a innocent question and no one should or has attacked you. You have done nothing wrong. Joe is not asking a question and is wrong to knowingly book a handicapped cabin for more room and then tell others how to do so.

Just finished packing & just waiting... patiently! yeah, right! lol!

Bon Voyage!

Have a wonderful time. Come back and tell us it you ever got a balcony cabin. You have us curious now. :D

This thread makes me furious, I have a friend who has had two strokes and is in need of a handicapped room, yet when he calls to make his reservations they tell him they are booked, now I know why. I think now I am going to write to every one of the major cruise lines and quote this forum to see if they will make changes to their policies. This is wrong, very wrong and anyone who accepts a HC room at anytime should feel ashamed of themselves, especially if they have booked months in advance.

This thread makes me furious, I have a friend who has had two strokes and is in need of a handicapped room, yet when he calls to make his reservations they tell him they are booked, now I know why. I think now I am going to write to every one of the major cruise lines and quote this forum to see if they will make changes to their policies. This is wrong, very wrong and anyone who accepts a HC room at anytime should feel ashamed of themselves, especially if they have booked months in advance.

OBVIOUSLY u didn't read it correctly!!!

I stated that it was given to me (a month ago) by my TA, unknowing that it was a HC room. Look, u should think that if it was still OPEN at that time, then MAYBE no one needed it! And (as I've stated previously) should someone need it, I'm sure i'll get bumped off of it.

As far as feeling ashamed (LMAO), u r an idiot!!! Before u criticize someone's thread, be SURE to READ it thoroughly before u make an ass of yourself for assuming!

U need to write them to complain (not me) & write your congressman, too! LMAO!!!

Start ur own thread to bitch cuz you're completely incorrect!

OBVIOUSLY u didn't read it correctly!!!

I stated that it was given to me (a month ago) by my TA, unknowing that it was a HC room. Look, u should think that if it was still OPEN at that time, then MAYBE no one needed it! And (as I've stated previously) should someone need it, I'm sure i'll get bumped off of it.

As far as feeling ashamed (LMAO), u r an idiot!!! Before u criticize someone's thread, be SURE to READ it thoroughly before u make an ass of yourself for assuming!

U need to write them to complain (not me) & write your congressman, too! LMAO!!!

Start ur own thread to bitch cuz you're completely incorrect!

As someone else explained to you, we all realize you booked last minute.

Its Joe's comments that he books these rooms in advance and will continue to book them for his family because they have a bigger shower and the shower curtain doesnt stick to him and more room for his family that are bugging folks.

Dont take their reaction to Joe saying he books these rooms in advance personally because the comments are because of what he posted and admitted and he seems to have no shame about them. Sorry that you cant see what Joe said is selfish. It has nothing to do with your booking. I do see that he helped you so you are defending his actions.

bottom line to most of us the poster is not "completely incorrect" in what she is reacting to. I did mention right off this was a HC cabin, which has been a subject of contention lately on this board, was trying to quietly say it. HC cabins are hard to come by and shouldnt be sought after by able bodied. The poster you are saying is completely wrong only said she objects to booking these cabins on purpose far in advance, she didnt say last minute bookings like yours, so she doesnt mean your booking

None of us are upset about your booking. Enjoy. Hope you have a great cruise. What day do you leave again...soon you said. A week?

Sky: I dont think Chacooe ranted towards you- Your cruise is set soon. You booked after final payment and got this cabin. There is no problem with that.

What Joe does is what people rant about. He books HC cabins many months in advance. He plays around with the site and plugs in cabin numbers which takes those cabins out of inventory for a bit.

Huge difference between the two

As someone else explained to you, we all realize you booked last minute.

Its Joe's comments that he books these rooms in advance and will continue to book them for his family because they have a bigger shower and the shower curtain doesnt stick to him and more room for his family that are bugging folks.

Dont take their reaction to Joe saying he books these rooms in advance personally because the comments are because of what he posted and admitted and he seems to have no shame about them. Sorry that you cant see what Joe said is selfish. It has nothing to do with your booking. I do see that he helped you so you are defending his actions.

bottom line to most of us the poster is not "completely incorrect" in what she is reacting to. I did mention right off this was a HC cabin, which has been a subject of contention lately on this board, was trying to quietly say it. HC cabins are hard to come by and shouldnt be sought after by able bodied. The poster you are saying is completely wrong only said she objects to booking these cabins on purpose far in advance, she didnt say last minute bookings like yours, so she doesnt mean your booking

None of us are upset about your booking. Enjoy. Hope you have a great cruise. What day do you leave again...soon you said. A week?

OK. I understand, just sick of the negativity! There's a way to say things without getting nasty. I have the up most respect for the HC community & can happen to any of us.

I will ask the Purser's desk to switch me (if any HC person has a balcony), should it open up!

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but that's exactly it... my opinion.

I'm leaving in 2 days (Sat)!!! Wooo-weeee! Sooo excited! Doing laundry & trying to remain sane! lol!

As soon as I return, I'll definitely post my cruising experience & let ya'll know if I every got that balcony.

Overall, I am very happy to have had the responses I've received. If it wasn't for this site, I'd be bouncin of the walls! lol!

:D

Room 1002, on the Triumph, Glory, Victory, and Conquest are all classified as HC cabins based on CCL's diagrams and accomodate 4 people. That's the room my family of 4 has been in on all the above mentioned ships. Room 1001 on a couple of those ships also accomodates 4. Regardless of it's classification, it's a great room at a 6B price :)

Joe

Here's my question for you Joe. Do you enjoy cruising with your kids? I'm guessing yes. Do you think folks who are disabled would like to cruise with their families too? The answer to that one is yes too! Do you think it's fair for you to take out of circulation an accessible cabin that's suitable for a family with a wheelchair user among them? Absolutely not! That cabin you brag about snagging months in advance is perfect for a family where a parent or child uses a wheelchair and yet you feel fine depriving others of the same joy you have in cruising with your family. I have to believe there are other cabins on the ship you can book for your family of 4 but how about a family who needs that accessible cabin? Despite what you say, it is rare that a cabin is switched over after booking. And I would think especially hard for a cabin that sleeps 4.

I have no issue with anyone who gets an accessible cabin by chance because of a late booking like the OP (so enjoy your cruise Skye!) but to specifically seek them out months in advance is disgusting as far as I am concerned.

Skye

My comments were never about you but about Joe who is knowing booking this room because he wants more space for his kids and himself.

TIME WRAP --- 20 years in the Future

Joe is now in a wheelchair. His kids call him and want to include him in the family cruise. They remember all the fun they had with him on cruises as kids. They call the cruise lines and find out that all the wheelchair assessable rooms are booked. Joe -- disappointed -- does not go with his kids and grandkids. He really must have a wheelchair assessable room to allow him to travel. When they get to ship, they happen to notice all these young families coming out of the wheelchair assessable cabins -- oh -- not too worry they really did not need the wheelchair room -- but it was nice to have extra space for the kids.

TIME WRAP --- 20 years in the Future

Joe's kids are adults now. They are AB but always book HC rooms for more room just like Dad. :eek:

Kids watch their parents and they learn by example!

Everyone says you will be bumped if someone HC needs the room. Has anyone every tried to do this? I have. It is a frustrating experience. :mad:

Trying to get Carnival special needs to even check to see if there are AB's booked in any of the HC cabins is like pulling teeth.

When I called special needs I was told 'Not available, all HC cabins are booked. ' I told the agent I heard that sometimes AB book HC rooms. I was told No, and again that all handicapped cabins are booked. I asked if she would please check if any AB's were booked in HC cabins. She didn't want to. I had to be very pushy (Which I hate to be, believe it or not) Agent finally agreed to check. It took forever. Sure enough there were AB's in a 7A HC cabin. Apparently, it takes quite a while to check this info as the agents have to go into each individual reservation and check.

Perhaps that is why when we call they just say unavailable because the agents don't want to do all that checking.

I was booked in a 5A HC cabin (no view) and wanted to upgrade into this HC 7A cabin (view). There were regular 7A's available. After checking with her supervisor agent from Carnival special needs refused to contact AB's saying since I already had a HC cabin I should be happy with it. :confused:

So, I was told 'not available' twice when in fact there were AB's in a HC cabin. If I hadn't of pushed I would have never found out, but it was fruitless just the same.

Bumping is more of an exception than a rule.

Yes it does take a bit of research--- sounds like you got a lazy agent to help you out. Sad as it is-- you gotta be pushy- especially if you are looking a few months before sailing.

Next time-- ask to speak to a supervisor. We had no problem with bumping a person out of a 6B-- and not they were not upgraded-- We booked a 6B on the Empress deck and those people got a 6B on the main deck- they were never told and they were not diligent in watching their information. They checked their luggage without confirming the cabin number and we got their luggage.

Had to show cause of need- (which at the time I thought was illegal) ut if it got my friends their cabin--then so be it.

I understand why joe may need a bigger cabin with little kids-- but for me--I am afraid of Karma and would not book one fo space.

My take on more space is this:

Joe, there are rooms with quite a bit more space available to you. They are informally known as the Penthouse Suite.

If space is important to you, as it is to me, book one of those. Don't try to cheat the system to save a couple bucks. If you cannot afford the difference in fare, it is NOT time to be taking a vacation.

If space is important to you, as it is to me, book one of those. Don't try to cheat the system to save a couple bucks. If you cannot afford the difference in fare, it is NOT time to be taking a vacation.

Joe is not trying the cheat the system- there basically is no system in place.

Carnival is at fault for allowing AB people to book HC cabins.

Wow Joe!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Love the info!

I feel so much better now!

Yes, isn't it nice when people post with actual info for the OP instead of posting to just post. And post to the question instead of going off topic.:rolleyes: :cool:

This thread makes me furious, I have a friend who has had two strokes and is in need of a handicapped room, yet when he calls to make his reservations they tell him they are booked, now I know why.

If a AB books a HC cabin and a HC needs it they are bummped out. All Joe is doing is getting "dibs" on the room if no one else needs it. If all the handicapped room are booked with HC people why would you be furious:confused:

Archived