Freedom of the seas sailings are open for Canaveral!

After waiting all day on the RCI site, I went ahead and called them and booked on the phone. She said it won't show up on the site until the end of the week, so if there is a particular stateroom you like I would go ahead and call the 866 number.

I was fortunate to book #1400 - my first aft - has anyone been in this stateroom? Now, to tell my DH :eek:!!

I am amazed and disappointed in the prices. I thought if you booked early you saw a better price? I was hoping to switch my spring break cruise to the summer and the prices are VASTLY different. I knew summer would be more money...but not this much. We will enjoy our spring break cruise!

I am amazed and disappointed in the prices. I thought if you booked early you saw a better price? I was hoping to switch my spring break cruise to the summer and the prices are VASTLY different. I knew summer would be more money...but not this much. We will enjoy our spring break cruise!

I know what you mean! The sailing that I just booked is $1300 more than my Mariner July cruise and same stateroom category! She did tell me that about 3 months prior to sailing that I should get my state residency discount...just keep checking.

I booked two cabins for the Sept 13, 2009 FOS Western cruise. Here are the prices for comparison:

D1 on Deck 9 for 3 people: $2676

D2 on Deck 9 for 2 people: $2075

I thought this was really reasonable.

Does anyone know if/when FOS is going into dry-dock next year?

Those of you who have booked this morning....did you do it directly with RCCL phone or a TA & if a TA which one? Thanks;)

I called RCI directly and spoke with an agent. She said they had been super busy all morning and was surprised that my wait time to talk to her was only 5 seconds! Maybe I was just lucky?!:)

Those of you who have booked this morning....did you do it directly with RCCL phone or a TA & if a TA which one? Thanks;)

I called RCCL directly, and I had a very short wait too. I called a few minutes after 7AM Pacific.

Curious how much the FR is going for in May of 09?? The balconies..........a ballpark figure will do............thanks,.
may 17 inside from 849 balcony from 1199...thats the eastern, the website isnt showing the westrern yet....link to rc's page for the freedom out of pc so far

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do;jsessionid=0000qW8VI02fnPVhadTXEJWDLdo:12hbiodf7?promoType=&cruiseTourOnly=false&dest=ANY&duration=ANY&date=ANY&port=PCN&ship=FR&selectedCurrencyCode=USD&price=ANY&state=&x=79&y=13

I called my TA directly and booked this morning. Sailing October 4, 2009, Eastern route. Grabbed Aft #1700 woohoo:D DH and I in D1 $2093.60 (including all port charges, fuel charges & taxes). Booked our two older sons in an inside L for $1473.60 total. I didn't think it was too bad. Had originally wanted to do summer of '09 but there was no way I was going to pay those prices!

You're comparing March rates with summer rates. D1's for Mariner week of 6/22/08 are 1719, D1's for Frredom week of 6/21/09 are 1699. We have to vacation during the summer & are used to paying inflated rates to gamble with hurricane season!

I spoke with the loyalty ambassador on board the Mariner last month, just days before the official announcement that Freedom would be replacing the Mariner in Port Canaveral, and she suspected it was going to be Freedom, and she said she hoped people would realize that getting a Freedom class ship was going to mean higher prices than they had been used to seeing for Mariner. She was right.

We're just at the point where DS is too old to be pulled out of classes and go on a bargain cruise during a non-school vacation week, and DW works at a school so she is likewise locked in to a school calendar. Might be a while before we get onto the Freedom.

All Port Canaveral cruises for Freedom are now on the site.

We just booked our first corner aft!!!

As far as the prices are concerned, it appears to me to be about the same as Mariner for the same time of the year.

Tim & Crystal

Just booked Freedom of the Seas for 1/17/2010....very early, but got exactly what we wanted and the price was the same as our Mariner cruise on 5/18/08. I see that some have had a long wait to get through, but I waited 5 minutes at the most.

We were on the Mariner in August 2007. We paid $4600 for a JS for 3 and we booked in February so no early discount. Same week 8/16/09 sailing for a JS is now $5300. $700 difference and only going up. Not so sure Freedom is worth that much difference. I think we will be looking at other lines. Cost is an issue for our family.

Archived