Online documents or mail ones

We haven't filled out the stuff yet but I looked on Carnival's website yesturday and it gave me the option to do them online then print them out or do them and they'll mail them approx. 30 days before our trip...even though 30 days starts tomorrow.

Are the online ones safe? I would hate to fill them out then not be able to access them because Carnival's site is down or that part of the site is down. And how do luggage tags work? Do we just print them out too and hole punch them and buy the little elastic strings to hook onto luggage?:confused:

So how do you attach them to your luggage?

We folded the tags as instructed and stapled the ends together. By folding, the paper is thicher and stronger. Some people punch holes in the ends and use ties to hold them together. Either way should work.:)

I print 6+ of them, fill in info, laminate, punch holes, and attach them with plastic straps. One to both handles on each suitcase and one to each carry-on. Some people buy the plastic luggage ID cases and slip the paper tags in those.

We haven't filled out the stuff yet but I looked on Carnival's website yesturday and it gave me the option to do them online then print them out or do them and they'll mail them approx. 30 days before our trip...even though 30 days starts tomorrow.

Are the online ones safe? I would hate to fill them out then not be able to access them because Carnival's site is down or that part of the site is down. And how do luggage tags work? Do we just print them out too and hole punch them and buy the little elastic strings to hook onto luggage?:confused:

I like paper by mail, just something about the little blue folder that makes it "official" for me. Once you choose the on-line option you can never go back to paper. Since you're so close to the 30 day mark, I'd wait. As soon as they put the paper docs in the mail, the message on the on-line docs page will change (I don't remember exactly what it says differently, but I know I was able to tell it was different). At that point, you can go ahead and print out the on-line docs if you want.

We folded the tags as instructed and stapled the ends together. By folding, the paper is thicher and stronger. Some people punch holes in the ends and use ties to hold them together. Either way should work.:)

ok cool, thanks!!

i just recieved my printed doc yesterday my cruise lease 5/15 there was 2 nice luggage tags per person,

I also just got my doc in the mail for my may 17 sailing. the docs are nicer in the mail. the luggage tag is nice and think and alot nicer than rthe one online. I am going to use 2 of the 4 they sent, the other two will go into my photo book when i make it upon returning back after the cruise. I have seen the e-docs b/c my mother did it and i really like the mail in ones better!

I like paper by mail, just something about the little blue folder that makes it "official" for me. Once you choose the on-line option you can never go back to paper. Since you're so close to the 30 day mark, I'd wait. As soon as they put the paper docs in the mail, the message on the on-line docs page will change (I don't remember exactly what it says differently, but I know I was able to tell it was different). At that point, you can go ahead and print out the on-line docs if you want.

Once the docs have been mailed out the carnival site doesn't ask if you want paper or e-docs anymore, it just brings you to the main page and it says "Guests will receive Paper documents via mail.(MessageID:1206)"

Also say at the top right corner it says "Document Preference: Electronic"

and there a tab that says "view" next too your names. When you see this you know it been mailed out.

I worried so much about the docs issue and all you really need to check in is a copy of your Fun Pass. I wound up with both edocs and mailed documents. For the bag tags I used the ones that they mailed to me which I wrapped clear package mailing tape around several times to make them sturdier and then simply folded them and stapled them several times at the end...that worked out just fine and not one staple came out...really no need to spend money to have them laminated.

Online eDocs is the way to go, its the Future so get used to it, I'm sure that Carnival will start charging an extra fee for the paper docs just like the Airline.

Getting your eDocs is instant, no more worries whether UPS/FEDEX/DHL has lost your Paper Docs. Or even having to call in sick from work to wait for them to arrive.

Once you open up your eDocs you can save them onto your Desktop for later use or printing.

Fred

I booked over 2 months ago for a 5/1 sailing on Inspiration. Mine also says guest will receive paper docs via mail but here I am 8 days to go and no paper docs so I just printed the edocs. much easier

Archived