Shuttle service from Manhattan terminal to airport?

coolkayan

I think I can help. Last October we needed transportation back to LGA after our sailing on NCL Spirt. We booked the ships transfers which I think was $35 per person at the time. Going to the ship from LGA we had a hired driver (Recommended by our hotel) for around $55 for the two of us. I have heard taxi's on a regular day will run around $45 each way. There are blue Vans (Shuttle Service) that you can take for a set price of around $24 per person but you may not get a direct route to the airport. I hope this helps. Tim

I live in Manhattan, about 10 minutes away from the pier. I can suggest a car service, Carmel 212-666-6666, they also have an 800 number. What I suggest that if you use them, make a reservation and arrange for you to call them after you pick up your baggage and take it yourself across the street where they can pick up you.

Enjoy

synet165:)

We sailed out of Brooklyn last year and hired a car service, definitely the way to go. If you go with Carmel (we did) be sure to print out the coupon that is online to get an extra few dollars off.

We did book them for the return trip as well, even confirmed it that morning from the ship and alas, they lost our reservation. ha! I think they just got a better fare. We ended up taking a taxi and it was about the same price. From the airport, though, it is a fixed price and it was better than a cab or the cruiseline transfers.

We really didn't have any problems getting around in NYC -- and to and from the airports and piers. Tons of transportation options.

The first time we were there, we did make the mistake of purchasing the transfers. This leaves you kind of stuck and at the mercy of their schedule. We were the first pick up after waiting in the airport for a couple of hours. We had 8 other terminals in which we picked up others. While this was a nice way of meeting some of our fellow passengers, it was a two hour ordeal....and no savings if not way more than a car service.

Why not just cross the avenue and get a cab? There are plenty of them at the taxi stand. This is what we did after our cruise last month. We live in Queens, a couple of miles north of LGA airport. The fare on the meter came to $32. I imagine the fare to LGA would be slightly less.

Why not just cross the avenue and get a cab? There are plenty of them at the taxi stand. This is what we did after our cruise last month. We live in Queens, a couple of miles north of LGA airport. The fare on the meter came to $32. I imagine the fare to LGA would be slightly less.

Archived