What to do if you don't snorkel?

Iceberg2

We were in Bonaire two years ago, took a van outside the ship and it was a disaster. Most boring drive, with a driver who's English was terrible. Is there any suggestions for folks who are not too physically adventurous ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Check this website out Info Bonaire

Thanks for your response. We were told of aquaspace, it is an glass bottomed sail boat, sits about 20 people. As for non-snorkeling persons, what a wonderful way to enjoy the view. Since, this tour is early morning, I will check over the list again and find something to do later on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Please do consider taking a snorkeling excursion even if you don't intend to snorkel! :p

It's quite fun to just enjoy the "sail" part! :cool:

While we have enjoyed snorkeling for years, there are times now when we had just rather play/swim around. No one will make you snorkel or even think you're strange if you don't. Some stay on the boat/catamaran the entire time and never put a toe in the water! :D

Have FUN planning! :)

• 1 month later...
Please do consider taking a snorkeling excursion even if you don't intend to snorkel! :p

While we have enjoyed snorkeling for years, there are times now when we had just rather play/swim around. No one will make you snorkel or even think you're strange if you don't. Some stay on the boat/catamaran the entire time and never put a toe in the water! :D

Actually, we have signed up for AquaSpace and hope to read some reviews before we leave in January with a nice group on cruisecritics. I might try snokeling at Princess Cay - I need to know I can touch the bottom if I need to stand and don't like the idea of going into the water from a boat.

• 2 weeks later...

This has nothing to do with Bonaire, but earlier this Spring I took a snorkeling tour out of Key West. At the beginning of the tour, a sheet went around all of the guests asking about their experience in the water & if we can swim. As I'd dislocated my shoulder several years ago I can't swim any longer. While almost everyone else was in the water, I stayed onboard and watched as well as learning things about the area from the crewmembers. We were about 9 miles out in the Atlantic - according to the crew. I had a grand time & stayed totally dry.

• 1 month later...

Iceberg, I'm with you. Plus due to sinus issues, I hate drinking salt water!

We are taking the Aquaspace tour the first week of November. We'll be on the Caribbean Princess. I'll let you know how it goes once I return.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Iceberg, I'm with you. Plus due to sinus issues, I hate drinking salt water!

We are taking the Aquaspace tour the first week of November. We'll be on the Caribbean Princess. I'll let you know how it goes once I return.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Nice of you! All of us will be looking forward to your report! :)

As I'd dislocated my shoulder several years ago I can't swim any longer. While almost everyone else was in the water, I stayed onboard and watched as well as learning things about the area from the crewmembers. We were about 9 miles out in the Atlantic - according to the crew. I had a grand time & stayed totally dry.

:cool: Thanks for confirming that it's very possible to have a wonderful time on snorkel excursions even if you don't snorkel! :)

Archived