St. Peterburg Ballet

NewportGal

Has anyone gone to the Ballet off the ship in St. Petersburg? We would like to do that on one of our evenings in port, but I'm wondering the degree of difficulty that may arrise.

Can we use a visa from a tour guide as we can during the day or do we need our own? How far from the ship is the theatre?

Any help would be appreciated.

No problem. we went to the Marinsky after our day tour with Alla tours. Had dinner in town and right to the balet. Our guide picked us up after the show and back to the ship. About 20 min. No extra visa needed. This was last Aug. Just wonderful.

We did the Baltic on Regatta, 8-05. My wife and her sis went to the ballet one evening - it was offered as a ship's shore excursion, and all paper requirements were handled by the Shore Excursion ofice and tour operator.

At this late date, I don't recall what my bro-in-law and I did, but we did not go to the ballet, for sure. I think we just stayed on board that evening.

Has anyone gone to the Ballet off the ship in St. Petersburg? We would like to do that on one of our evenings in port, but I'm wondering the degree of difficulty that may arrise.

Can we use a visa from a tour guide as we can during the day or do we need our own? How far from the ship is the theatre?

Any help would be appreciated.

If you are planning on doing the Ballet "on your own", then yes you need a separate visa. If you arrange the Ballet through the tour company then you do not need a separate visa. Key is that to get off the ship you must either be on a recognized tour or have a separate visa. You can not use a tour company visa for doing anything on your own.

I went to the Marinsky Ballet several years ago using the ship's tour--no visa required. The only problem, which no longer may be the case, was that only Russian rubles were accepted to buy a program or champagne so we went without. The performance was magnificent as were the seats.

Archived