Let's Talk Turkey !!

IwannaGo Now

Yep that look just like what they served one night on all three Triumphs, Liberty and the Inspiration the last couple months. It is prettier than the old way they served it. But, I prefered the old way, I don't like my food all mixed togeather like that:(

When I was on the CELEBRATION-12/07.

In the Dining Room,I order the turkey.........

I agree with you Pineview,,,

They had the turkey,mashed potatos,sweet potato

and gravy all layered together.....yuck....

In the buffet area they had Tom Turkey.....

It was very goood........

I made me a big nice yummy salad & got

a nice slice of turkey..........very good.....

Talking about turkey is making me

hungry.............

HAPPY CRUISING EVERYONE.........

We once won a 40lb. turkey! That sucker was HUGE! I had to wash it in the bath tub b/c it wouldn't fit in the sink. I had to take all the racks out of the oven & line it to fit the bird. We bought those foil pans & put 3 together to roast it in. We got so much meat from that turkey, we ate it for 6 months! Substitue that "shrimp" scene in Forrest Gump for turkey & you'll know how many ways I tried to prepare it.:D :cool:

Not complainin' - we still love turkey.;)

We once won a 40lb. turkey! That sucker was HUGE! I had to wash it in the bath tub b/c it wouldn't fit in the sink. I had to take all the racks out of the oven & line it to fit the bird. We bought those foil pans & put 3 together to roast it in. We got so much meat from that turkey, we ate it for 6 months! Substitue that "shrimp" scene in Forrest Gump for turkey & you'll know how many ways I tried to prepare it.:D :cool:

Not complainin' - we still love turkey.;)

I admire your intestinal fortitude! :D I think I would have had to cut it up. My Thanksgiving turkey is usually just 12 lbs or so.

As for covering ones turkey or using the "roasting bags", technically, you are not roasting your turkey, you are steaming it. Now, I've had it that way and it's great that way too and I know I'm being anal retentive, but just fyi. Also I've brined my turkey too and it is the best way IMO. Alton Brown on Good Eats did a whole show on brining turkeys and explained why it works so well. I love understanding the cooking process!

Archived