Bert's latest schedule

reggielew

I believe my post was neither rude nor obnoxious. It was my honest opinion of what I believe to be substandard entertainment on the ship. How can one eliminate negativity? So that indicates we can only say positive things when we think otherwise?

Obviously, some people like his act I happen not to be one of them.

Ok, I stand corrected then. Bert is not a no talent hack. In my opinion, he has very little skills and I don't prefer to waste my time watching him perform. I am not alone in that assessment. Plenty of people stand around the crooners lounge blocking the walkways and entrance to the bar to watch the man perform, that is their right. Just like it is my right to say that watching him for an hour would be an hour of my life that I can never get back. Everyone on these boards is entitled to his/her opinion. Maybe you don't like my reference to him being a no talent hack so I have re-worded it. :) :) :)

Wow - Shocked by how mean some of you guys sound. It's ok not to like a performer and voice your opinions. But gee...just say something like "he wasn't my favorite" or we didn't care for his performance. But to call someone a no talent hack or such and then start insulting people is just childish.

Get some manners people!!! What would your mommies think?

Heatherco--I agree totally with your comment. As I had also stated, we want to hear both the positives and negatives about all aspects of a person's cruise. However, it's never necessary to be nasty! This is certainly NOT censorship.

Reggie

Hi Reggie, Thank you for the great news!! It's the best Mothers Day present I could get. I will be on the May11-15 cruise. I love that man. He never ceases to amaze me with his talent. Could listen to him every night of my life in fact I do with his CD's. Barb from St.PeteBeach.

Bert is marginally talented as he can sing and play the piano...

Too bad it doesnt sound so good.

I have seen him on several cruises. He is middle of the road at best. I find most of the piano "artists" on cruises so...so... Which is sad... I love a great piano bar.

I have seen him on several cruises. He is middle of the road at best. I find most of the piano "artists" on cruises so...so... Which is sad... I love a great piano bar.

I hear you, I have seen(well, walked by) him quite a few times and frankly just was not impressed. Half of the time he was playing songs like "wheels on the bus"... I'll pass.

Just out of curiosity, can anyone even recall the name of a lounge act from a previous cruises other than Bert? (Without looking at you past Princess Patters. :o)

I have seen several generic lounge piano players/singers on my cruises but could not even attempt to recall their names or their signature songs. Bert is definitely unique.

All I can say is that my husband will be sad to hear that he won't still be on the ship when we sail again next January. We had our first and only cruise so far on that ship, and Bob is a true fan of Bert's.

As a previous poster noted, I can't remember the name of any other acts we saw (and we took in a lot of shows) but I remember Bert's. Certainly not to everyone's taste but we enjoyed him immensely. Not everyone is going to enjoy the same genres of entertainment....my husband's a country fan, I like rock.....he likes sports on TV, I like drama. What a boring world it would be if we were all the same.

Still can't wait to sail on the Caribbean Princess again!

Michelle

Bert Stratton is a no-talent hack.

Wow...that was was mean. I know that not everyone is a fan of Bert, but is it really necessary to insult and name call?? Why even post??

Geez...:rolleyes:

ETA: I see that others have already addressed this...sorry to be redundant.

Wow...that was was mean. I know that not everyone is a fan of Bert, but is it really necessary to insult and name call?? Why even post??

Geez...:rolleyes:

ETA: I see that others have already addressed this...sorry to be redundant.

Maybe that is Bert's CC screen name. Self deprecating humor

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry to hear that Bert will no longer be a regular on Princess Cruises. Our last Caribbean cruise was in 2005 and Bert was just wonderful. They even had him perform in one of the big theaters one night and it was packed. I will be on the Caribbean Princess again but this time in October for the New England and Canada cruise. I was hoping he would be at the piano bar. I wonder who they will have for this cruise?

Archived