Oosterdam "ss cabins"

Has anyone ever occupied Ooosterdam's ss cabins 6117, 6096,8094, 8099?

Does the ss class have the same benefits as a suite (s, or ps) have? (i.e.-Neptune lounge, early embarkation and debarkation, dry cleaning/laundry, pre dinner hor derves, etc...? We are debating the veranda cabins or the ss class cabins. What are the benefits? Any help appreciated!

Michelle

Haven't cruised the Vista class ships yet, but will be in Cabin SS8094 on the Westerdam in December.

No, the SS suites do not have all the amenities of the S or PS suites like the Neptune lounge, early embarkation and debarkation, dry cleaning/laundry, pre dinner hor's deurves (sp?), etc.

All the bars and lounges offer the hor's deuvres in the evening.

Check out HAL's website under Fleet - click on Oosterdam, and then "Explore Staterooms" and you will see the difference in the size of the SS and the Verandah suites.

SS cabins are very nice and I think the ones you've mentioned are the "corner" SS cabins that are slightly larger inside and have a slightly larger verandah. We loved our SS on the Oosterdam (SS 6060) and if we were to go on a Vista class ship again we'd definitely look at another SS. Nice sized cabin, great bathroom, and bigger verandah. The only similarity between the SS and the higher S and PS categories is that they have "suite" in the name which actually is misleading. As mentioned above SS cabins do not get the suite amenities that S and PS cabins get. On our cruise it would have cost me $750/person more and I just couldn't justify the expense. Can't say that we missed the extra amenities during our 7 day cruise though we might have felt differently if it had been a 10 or more day.

Randyk47, you are correct it is the larger cabin with a larger balcony. I double checked and it would have cost me an additional $384.00 PP for the S Suite. I am hoping for an upgrade to S, is this to much to ask for?

Has anyone stayed in this cabin, is so please tell me about it.

Thank You

Since - Nobody knows if the upgrade fairy is going to visit or not. There are so many variables and what-if's that it's a miracle that anybody ever gets an upgrade. It happens but at least you've got a great cabin in case you don't get upgraded.

If you are comparing the Veranda cabins and the SS, I believe another difference would be that the SS cabins/suite have a whirlpool tub and the veranda cabins do not. On the older ships, veranda cabins come with the whirlpool.

Beth

Archived