Pics of Century?

cruiseblue

Here are some:

http://globaltraveller.smugmug.com/gallery/2925733_t6unW#157756782_pvons

... from about six months after the remodel.

Those are really nice!

A- How did you get the night shot of the ship

B- What are you shooting with?

Here are mine from this past weekend.

The CC food

http://lh3.ggpht.com/RocknRoxy/SBYu9nxCtLI/AAAAAAAAAUQ/ZsMmHzNok7Q/IMG_0609.jpg?imgmax=800

The CC Room

http://lh6.ggpht.com/RocknRoxy/SBYliXxCsuI/AAAAAAAAANE/5Rlu2f-tmEY/IMG_0548.jpg?imgmax=800

http://lh4.ggpht.com/RocknRoxy/SBYli3xCsvI/AAAAAAAAANM/tlUz7U6vUXg/IMG_0550.jpg?imgmax=800

This was our first ship on X, and the reason we continue to sail with them today. We have done 3 X cruises in the last year.

I have no doubt you will enjoy the ship. The pictures that everyone posted look great and make me wish I were on board now.

Schplinky, nice pics as always.

MsDee23, thank you. Those were taken with a Canon Powershot A70 -- we've since 'upgraded' to a digital SLR, but that little Canon can get some great shots. The ones of the ship at night were taken from the Cozumel pier, using long exposure and the top of my wife's head as a base. ;)

I'm eagerly waiting to hear what you thought of the Century. I took my first X cruise on Century and have been hooked ever since.

On a side note....I am thinking of buying a Mac. How easy has it been to set up your travel website? I have used webshots, but would love to be able to do one such as your with the reviews and pictures all in one.

We just got of and there are pictures in our web-site, which is in my signature. In the comin week, we'll be scanning the daily activity sheet and attaching them.

I have a question? How were you able to be on your second Celebrity cruise and invited to the Formal Tea, Bridge Tour, and BackStage Tour? Was this for being in CC class?

We were in CC class and didn't get invites to anything. It is unlikely we will be on Celebrity again, as I don't like feeling like "second class". I did get a phone call last week from the Executives office regarding my letter, but I soon realized the women who phoned me wasn't interested in discussing any of my specific issues, only that "I'm sure you will have a great time on your bext Celebrity cruise".

She also stated that she goes on many cruises (not Century) and there was no way any one of their employees would encourage guests to fill out the ratings and "Good is not good enough".

He was most likely invited because he has a lot of credits sailing with RCL. I believe you have to be Elite or higher to get invited to galley, bridge and backstage tours. I do know, however, that there are exceptions.

What specifically made you feel like "second class"? Benefits vary from line to line, but all cruise lines, airlines, hotels, etc take care of their most loyal customers. This includes special privileges that the rest of the customers aren't offered. I am curious to know what you mean by that comment.

I have only sailed X 3 times so far, but I did hear the "only excellent ratings are good" speech one time. It didn't bother me, but it sure didn't make the score higher, either. I just brushed it off. It's not that I excuse it but in this industry (as in mine also) we live and die by our survey scores.

Schplinky, nice pics as always.

MsDee23, thank you. Those were taken with a Canon Powershot A70 -- we've since 'upgraded' to a digital SLR, but that little Canon can get some great shots. The ones of the ship at night were taken from the Cozumel pier, using long exposure and the top of my wife's head as a base. ;)

Lee: What great photos you took! We enjoyed looking through your website. If I knew how to, I would make one up myself, but maybe in the years to come I will learn.....

I'm eagerly waiting to hear what you thought of the Century. I took my first X cruise on Century and have been hooked ever since.

On a side note....I am thinking of buying a Mac. How easy has it been to set up your travel website? I have used webshots, but would love to be able to do one such as your with the reviews and pictures all in one.

Thanks, everyone. Mike is really the picture/web design guy. He says that the Mac account is one of his most guilty compliments, because it is so very easy to do.

I have a question? How were you able to be on your second Celebrity cruise and invited to the Formal Tea, Bridge Tour, and BackStage Tour? Was this for being in CC class?

We were in CC class and didn't get invites to anything. It is unlikely we will be on Celebrity again, as I don't like feeling like "second class". I did get a phone call last week from the Executives office regarding my letter, but I soon realized the women who phoned me wasn't interested in discussing any of my specific issues, only that "I'm sure you will have a great time on your bext Celebrity cruise".

She also stated that she goes on many cruises (not Century) and there was no way any one of their employees would encourage guests to fill out the ratings and "Good is not good enough".

We got to do all of that because we are Diamond on RCL and that makes us Elite on Celebrity. The cabin description for Concierge Class says you will get invitations to VIP events but none of our invitations seemed to have come on that basis. Like you, we did have a waiter tell us that putting good was not enough and that he would only do well if we gave an excellent rating. We rated the experience based on our expectations and experience, not the waiter's instructions.

He was most likely invited because he has a lot of credits sailing with RCL. I believe you have to be Elite or higher to get invited to galley, bridge and backstage tours. I do know, however, that there are exceptions.

What specifically made you feel like "second class"? Benefits vary from line to line, but all cruise lines, airlines, hotels, etc take care of their most loyal customers. This includes special privileges that the rest of the customers aren't offered. I am curious to know what you mean by that comment.

I have only sailed X 3 times so far, but I did hear the "only excellent ratings are good" speech one time. It didn't bother me, but it sure didn't make the score higher, either. I just brushed it off. It's not that I excuse it but in this industry (as in mine also) we live and die by our survey scores.

I agree with you, to a point. Celebrity often points to their guests' satisfaction when comparing land-based holidays and cruises so when I'm told I "should" give a particular rating, it sort of bristles.

We loved the Century and thought it was a great little break. In many ways, this cruise was a test-drive because we're booked on Solstice and Equinox and we wanted to make sure we liked Celebrity (Constellation was a let-down for us) so we're relieved we had such a nice time.

I do think that different levels of guests exist within a line, hotel chain or airline. Folks have either worked their way up (by being a faithful guest) or have paid more (as in suites) get extra perks. As long as it is not flaunted in front of other guests and as along as everyone is provided a good, basic experience, I have no problem with it. I wouldn't check into a hotel and complain that a suite guest had more room and perks if I only booked a regular room. Actually, the perks on Celebrity are not as good as those on RCL, where you get a special concierge lounge onboard with free cocktails each evening, once you're Diamond (or Elite on Celebrity).

I would guess (and I'm only guessing) that Jade13 thought she/he was getting more of a step-up by booking Concierge class but really, our experience of it was that it was like a D1 on RCL. It's not "that much" of a improvement over a regular balcony room for what you get, although the little perks are nice.

We love it. We're both working on reviews right now. We have really liked trying lines (HAL, RCL and X, so far) but I imagine we'll focus more on RCL (when entertainment and being active are more important to us) and X (when we're feeling more laid-back).

I remember reading your other review of X and how you didn't enjoy it. Out of the 3 X cruises we took, each one has gotten better. I do believe it is because we have become more knowledgeable with each cruise and now know what to do, what to ask for, etc.

We also booked the Solstice and are eagerly waiting to see her. For me, it has hard not to book because of the beautiful decor.

I remember reading your other review of X and how you didn't enjoy it. Out of the 3 X cruises we took, each one has gotten better. I do believe it is because we have become more knowledgeable with each cruise and now know what to do, what to ask for, etc.

We also booked the Solstice and are eagerly waiting to see her. For me, it has hard not to book because of the beautiful decor.

I think our Constellation cruise suffered because we had heard so much rhetoric about Celebrity being a step above. I think we were expecting the step to be much steeper and so we were disappointed. It was a different cruise than our RCL cruises but was not "better", per se. Also, I think our Constellation sailing was just a bit off. We read the reviews for the weeks around ours and they were all good but the actual week we sailed, I have read 4 reviews and none of them were good. The staff seemed strecthed really thin.

We were really glad we loved Century because we are so looking forward to Solstice and Equinox.

Have you considered the transatlantics? We're going on he one on Equinox and there are a couple of really good roll calls for it.

We originally booked the TA and then switched to the 10 night Galaxy. Honestly, I like sea days, but not 3 or 4 in a row. I just think I would go nuts stuck on the ship that long.

I know that many say it's great, and it sure seems a great value. Perhaps we will do one when the ships come back to the US.

quote]

I wrote a review that I have never bothered to post. But basically on HAL everyone gets invited to the Kitchen tour, Back Stage tour and Formal Teas. We are not sunbathers and do not use or sit around the pool, so these "activities" are important. Prior to our departure someone had also posted their invitation to tea and it was for being in a CC class cabin, so I expected an invite to something. We also had over 10 stateroom lock-outs (2 cabins and 3 key cards malfunctioning) and you'd think the Guest Relations Manager who saw me 13 times (that I can remember) would have given an invite to something as good customer service for all of our troubles (We had asked about the Kitchen Tour as my DH is a Chef). The ship itself was very pretty and clean and if I could trade the staff on any HAL ship my experiane would have been very different. The Guest Relations did the basic (fixed the cards and pulled and re-stuck the cola cards) but nothing above and beyond. Marjan in Muranos was totally arrogant and we did not eat there.

On another subject, my mother and her girlfriends (age 70's) just got back from the Liberty of the Seas. They enjoyed their cruise (and especially the two specialty resturants) but did think all of the "tip envelopes" (as we did on Century) to be very tacky and mentioned this on their evaluation. They just do not do this in any fine resorts. I understand why they do this but sad people have to be reminded to tip.

The cruise price itself was a bargain, and I would never say never, but filled out the comments cards "Maybe/Maybe not" as far as a return on Celebrity. I work in the service industry (as does my DH), and it is amazing how the overall attitude of staff (fortunately not our waiters or room steward) leave a lasting impression.

I would guess (and I'm only guessing) that Jade13 thought she/he was getting more of a step-up by booking Concierge class .

I'm a "she" :)

I really should post my review, because had a good time in relation to what we paid. Most of my issues were "pre-cruise" customer service and would never ever deal with again if I booked through an outside TA, but boarding and having our teenagers not found and then suddenly placed in another cabin on a deck above us and at the other end of the ship did not help matters (told to go to Guest Relations to staighten out), along with something like 11 other trips because we were locked out of cabins that many times in only 4 days (and no metal, coins, credit cards, cell phones etc in pockets) just was really aggravating.

I had almost forgotten about it but the call from Celebrity (nice touch) I think made it worse because I got a canned response {"You will have a great time on your next cruise") vs actually discussing my letter or issues.

I'm a "she" :)

I really should post my review, because had a good time in relation to what we paid. Most of my issues were "pre-cruise" customer service and would never ever deal with again if I booked through an outside TA, but boarding and having our teenagers not found and then suddenly placed in another cabin on a deck above us and at the other end of the ship did not help matters (told to go to Guest Relations to staighten out), along with something like 11 other trips because we were locked out of cabins that many times in only 4 days (and no metal, coins, credit cards, cell phones etc in pockets) just was really aggravating.

I had almost forgotten about it but the call from Celebrity (nice touch) I think made it worse because I got a canned response {"You will have a great time on your next cruise") vs actually discussing my letter or issues.

I do understand your point. We had horrible experiences, in terms of customer service, on HAL. We had pre-purchased a massage on their web-site before the cruise and when we boarded, we were told we would have to pay 30% more to actually have the massage we purchased. We disagreed and the massage manager was so rude that we canceled. We have never written a post-vacation complaint but we did and got back from HAL a very obvious form letter, saying they were sorry we did not enjoy our spa and/or salon service. They then said they were looking forward to sailing with us again. As if.

Ships are made of numerous staff (most average 1,000). I have been lucky to have always encountered pleasant staff on the cruises I have taken. Bad staff can be encountered on any line and on any ship.

I am in the hotel business and I know how frustrating it can be to have the key cards not function correctly.

Sometimes, all that is needed is a good listener who empathizes and apologizes. I am sorry your return call from X didn't yield that kind of response.

Sometimes, all that is needed is a good listener who empathizes and apologizes.

That's really true. I think that little customer service bobbles can affect your perception of a vacation, especially when they happen before you board. On the other hand, exceeding expectations is often well-remembered, too. We certainly felt that way about our room attendant on this past cruise.

Archived