The Sanctuary On Crown: A Couple Of Questions

Bishopcfd

Greetings,

Book the Crown for April 2009 and I have a couple of questions regarding The Sanctuary.

I read that they charge to get in, provided there is space. Not a problem.

With that said, here are my questions:

1). What is included in the surcharge?

2). Understanding that you would have to leave the area to get lunch, go for a swim, etc can you get back in without a problem?

3). Stupid question, if they charge you to get in are you are you guaranteed a lounge?

Silly questions but I like to be informed before we go. Any other information that yu folks can give me would be great.

When you decide to go the Sanctuary - and in my opinion it's totally worth it, you pay for it and all the services included. Yes, you are guaranteed a chair; as a matter-of-fact, they will walk you to it and set it up for you with plush towels, etc. (And their chairs have nice cushions on them; perfect for napping.) If you would like some music and didn't bring your own IPod/MP3 player, they have some for you. They have flavored waters and cool towels which they will bring you throughout your time there.

You certainly can come and go as you please - they will keep track of who 'belongs' and who does not. Keep in mind that if you have children they are not allowed in there at all so if they want/need to speak to you you will have to leave to talk to them. You can go and get your own lunch or they will bring you lunch. They have a special menu - mostly 'spa-like' healthier cuisine, or they will get you burgers, pizza. There is a delivery charge for that. (And yes, they will get you drinks all day long from the bar as well.)

I hope if you decide to try it you have just as much fun as we did!! Have a wonderful cruise.

That sounds like something my husband and I will for sure want to do!

Barb, should you go and book your time there as soon as you arrive on the ship, or is it first come first serve type of thing?

Also, is it mostly shady or is there some sun as well? Probably a silly question, as it depends on the weather, but you know how some places are quite sheltered from the sun...

Thanks!

That sounds like something my husband and I will for sure want to do!

Barb, should you go and book your time there as soon as you arrive on the ship, or is it first come first serve type of thing?

Also, is it mostly shady or is there some sun as well? Probably a silly question, as it depends on the weather, but you know how some places are quite sheltered from the sun...

Thanks!

Crown and Emerald are sister ships. We went to Sanctuary this past Nov. - Dec. cruise on the Emerald and will do so again for a couple of days this coming Nov. - Dec. cruise. Very worthwhile. Cost for us was $10 PP for 8 - 12:30 OR 1 - 5, it may now be $15 PP. As stated earlier you can get food and bring back yourself or they will get it for you for $3.00. Adult pool by spa, which is VERY close, is also for use by those in Sanctuary. There are areas for shade and sun - depending on your likes/dislikes. Very peaceful and very relaxing! Enjoy! We're cruising!

PS, my wife went up at 7:30 the day we wanted to go up there and reserved for the time we wanted! She also picked out the lounges we wanted and they were waiting fior us when we arrived a bit later. Don't know if it's changed or not but for that cruise, you couldn't reserve for days in advance!

We went to check out the Sanctuary on embarkation day. The Emerald offered a ten day package for the Santuary and we signed up right then. It wa great - a nice quiet place to get away to everda. It was very close to the spa pool and our loungers were set up and ready for us every day.

If you like quiet and tranquility - it's the best place to be.

We just came off the Crown, had a full suite. The in room listed ammenites said that the sacturary was complimentary to full suite passengers. When I went up to reserve my space ( 7:45), and asked for directions at the spa, they said there is a charge even if I am in a suite.

Well, I never got a chance to find out. There were about 20 people in front of me and the line was going very slow, and I only noticed about 6 people being seated before they came around to tell us there were no more spaces available.

They say they open at 8 first come first serve, so I am not sure at what time all those people who got in had lined up, but it was sold out before 8 AM.

Since this was the last day of the cruise, I did not get an opportunity to try again.

So I guess my advise is, get there around 7 AM if it's a sea day!

Archived