Two days before Sail & got the upgrade call

noahsmom

Kidda of excited. Just got the upgrade call went from an inside cabin to a oceanview picture window for $100.00. Hope I did ok.

that's a decent upsell...since the other type of oceanview is a porthole. the picture windows are nice.

Kidda of excited. Just got the upgrade call went from an inside cabin to a oceanview picture window for $100.00. Hope I did ok.

Great deal.....you won't be disappointed you went for it. Enjoy the view.

Have fun on your cruise! :)

TO THE UPSELL FAIRY...

if you check the boards, could you email me at canihaveanupsell@yahoo.com...i'd REALLY like to have an upsell from Deck 4.

thank you in advance.

Your faithful NCL cheerleader,

ZoneHPH

*lights candle in church*

(obviously the email isn't real...at least i don't think it is.)

Wow! Two days before sail date. I guess there's still hope for me. I leave two weeks from Sunday. I've never had the opportunity for an upsell and would just love it this time. If not, I'm still happy with the mini-suite and the location. I know we'll have a great time...no matter what.

Enjoy your cruise...You made a great deal.

Hi, I was wondering if you get an upgrade call even if you book through a travel agent or only if you booked directly through NCL?

Your travel agent gets the upgrade call and then has the option of passing it on to you or using it for another client. My parents got to use someone else's upgrade once because the TA was a personal friend of theirs. It's never happened to me though. My TA knows I want the upgrade if they call and I would hope that she will let me know.

Your travel agent gets the upgrade call and then has the option of passing it on to you or using it for another client. My parents got to use someone else's upgrade once because the TA was a personal friend of theirs. It's never happened to me though. My TA knows I want the upgrade if they call and I would hope that she will let me know.

I'm happy for your parents, but I think that's a lousy thing for a TA to do. If the cruise line calls with an offer for a specific client, I believe a TA has an obligation to contact that client first. The only exception would be if that client had told the TA they were absolutely not interested in any upsell offers.

A TA should serve all his or her clients. There are other things a TA can do for personal friends or frequent clients. Taking an upsell offer from one client and "giving" it to another shouldn't be one of them. And it doesn't matter one bit that the other clients would likely never know that the upsell offer was made in the first place. I guess this TA is operating under a "What they don't know won't hurt them (or me)." I would not want a TA that worked like that, not even if I were the one getting the "gifted" upsell offer.

beachchick

Hi,

I was wondering if you get an upgrade call even if you book through a travel agent or only if you booked directly through NCL?

Hey Cruisegirl.. You can receive offers for upgrades even when you book with a travel agent.

My only concern about the original posting for this thread is ... It would scare me to death to upsell two days before the cruise. You can bet when you go to board the ship you will encounter all kinds of problems. I can bet that the keys waiting for you will be wrong. And if you have ordered anything specific, i.e. bar set up, ...it will go to the wrong room.

If you know to expect those problems go for it. Otherwise, I think the upsell was a great thing.

My only concern about the original posting for this thread is ... It would scare me to death to upsell two days before the cruise. You can bet when you go to board the ship you will encounter all kinds of problems. I can bet that the keys waiting for you will be wrong. And if you have ordered anything specific, i.e. bar set up, ...it will go to the wrong room.

If you know to expect those problems go for it. Otherwise, I think the upsell was a great thing.

We didn't order anything so that wont be a problem. My tickets and advanced registration has already been changed and printed off.

But If we have any issues I'm not too concerned. Its just a card. It will be worked out. "Don't sweat the small stuff" as my DH always says.

Archived