Looking for private tour guides in Edinburgh, inverness,kirkwall belfast and dublin

Kirkwall was my favorite port on this cruise. Amazing sites. Best private tour & guide of the cruise. Took this tour August '07.

We used orkneyarchaeogolytours.co.uk. Booked the tour and added others from my Roll Call to make a party of 7 to share cost.

Should you inquire, tell Caz (owner/guide) that Martha from RI says "hello."

Have a wonderful cruise.

Martha

OMG, I am so excited to be able to give you this recommendation. We have been on several cruises, and I always arrange two or three private drivers. In Edinburgh, I happened upon a gentleman by the name of Nick Clarke, of Minster Chauffeurs (http://www.minsterchauffeurs.com and nick.clarke@minsterchauffeurs.com). Nick picked us up in the morning pierside and spent the entire day driving us around Edinburgh, showing us what makes him so proud to be Scottish. Instead of going back to the ship, we spent the night in Edinburgh, and Nick picked us up (in his 2007 Jaguar) and took us westerly to the fishing village of Oban and then back to the east coast to meet the ship that afternoon in Inverness. Nick also has a people mover in case you have 4-6 in your group. Nick is not your typical driver. Nick is highly educated, doing this as a second life job, after having been in corporate management for many years. Nick loves his country, and it shows during his drive thoughout the country. Nick is on his own, and you always know that you will get Nick when you sign up.

I don't normally go on like this, but I just can't say enough good about Nick Clarke. As I said, he is not our first private driver, more like 11 or 12 and Nick is by far the best we have ever experienced. By a wide margin.

So, Please, at least contact Nick and find out for yourself. And let him know that Larry and Linda from Memphis say hello.

Have a great time.

Archived