Who do we contact at Princess for medical requests?

beachlovergirl

Its been a few years since we sailed on Princess and since then my husband now has a CPAP machine. On Royal Caribbean we sent an email to special_needs@rccl.com and they had a gallon of distilled water and an extension cord waiting in the cabin when we arrived.

Who do you contact at Princess for a similar request?

Thanks!

Dee

They have a fleet medical department. We have a medical situation and my agent always faxes Princess with the medical situation and someone from Fleet Medical then contacts me.

Both DH and I use CPAP. DH also needed a gluten free diet. So, we initially faxed a request to the number they gave us when we put in our cruise personalizer that we needed this special diet- not all special diets need a request, but this one did as they had to order special breads, etc.

We found out that the distilled water was also ordered by the dietary coordinator, in our case on the CB, it was Candice Lemell. Each ship has a different coordinator, so you may need to call Princess and ask them for the email or fax number to your ship's coordinator. We did not have to go through the fleet medical department on this situation in particular. But, you may get information through them regarding whom you can contact for the ordering of the distilled water.

So, we emailed her (or actually responded to her email conforming the special diet) about the distilled water and received an email back from her regarding the distilled water. It was ordered, and all we had to do when we got on the ship was request it from our room steward. She did mention that there may be a nominal charge (equivalent to the cost of land based store for same item) on our tateroom account, but this was not the case. We received it within 5 minutes of asking for it after we explained that we had ordered it.

As for the electric cord, we bring our own with multiple outlets as there are only one set of 2 plugs near the desk. However, we found out that on our inside room 2 weeks ago, DH cord was not long enough to fit into the outlet across the room. We simply asled our room steward and he quickly brought us in an extension cord to go across the room. We did not need to special request this.

Archived